Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Request Clevo W230...
Last Post: happycrazyman
Today 03:53 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 15
Rog Strix B650E-F BIOS File Extraction
Last Post: panmetrix24
Today 11:25 AM
» Views: 61
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Pipo89
Today 06:47 AM
» Replies: 236
» Views: 69389
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN517-41 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: onetapxdf
Today 03:37 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 1313
[REQUEST] Lenovo G400S (7BCNxxWW) Whitel...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 03:14 AM
» Replies: 203
» Views: 70359
[REQUEST] Lenovo V570(c) (44CNxxWW) BIOS...
Last Post: d3m3n7r
Yesterday 05:20 PM
» Replies: 18
» Views: 11115
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y520-15IKBN (4KCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: ati90
Yesterday 05:02 AM
» Replies: 64
» Views: 36906
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: SteamTug
Yesterday 04:24 AM
» Replies: 1734
» Views: 544470
[REQUEST] Lenovo G410 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Yesterday 03:58 AM
» Replies: 53
» Views: 10727
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Last Post: Brutoloco
04-21-2024 08:22 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 518
[REQUEST] LG GRAM 14T990 Unlock request
Last Post: riclausk
04-21-2024 12:15 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 4210
[REQUEST] SLIC 2.1 for ASRock 880GM-LE F...
Last Post: amijim
04-21-2024 10:27 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 116
[REQUEST] Dell Alienware 15 R3 BIOS Unlo...
Last Post: jason.exe
04-21-2024 03:44 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 168
[REQUEST] Samsung NP450R5G unlock hide s...
Last Post: magg
04-21-2024 12:54 AM
» Views: 161
lenovo e595 20nf bios spw unlock
Last Post: vsteez
04-20-2024 07:56 PM
» Views: 157
uefi mod for mac pro 1.1/21. support xeo...
Last Post: victorgbrmrr
04-20-2024 01:17 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 168
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
04-20-2024 07:24 AM
» Replies: 1974
» Views: 659830
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 (HEE...
Last Post: MAVARACOMPLEX
04-20-2024 03:23 AM
» Replies: 121
» Views: 22209
[REQUEST] - ACER ASPIRE 2012 BIOS with U...
Last Post: Aspire
04-20-2024 03:21 AM
» Views: 131
[WORKING] Asus P8Z77-V: NVMe BOOT Suppor...
Last Post: 0nlythebest
04-19-2024 08:35 PM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 22949

[Request] Samsung R590
I hope I can sneak in here. I bricked my colleague's computer and had a heart attack. Then I spent three hours learning about BIOS. I'm out of my league but now I think I know what I need.

I believe that I need to get the wph file out of this exe file (this is my bios image from the manufacturer): https://dl.dropbox.com/u/474497/WIN_R590_11JB.exe

Then I can just follow these instructions http://www.bios-mods.com/bios-recovery/p...-recovery/ and recover her computer.

It took a long time (~3hrs, back and forth) to figure this out. I can't extract that exe with WinRar or universal extractor. There was something I saw on another forum about using a hex editor but that seemed crazy to me. I have no idea how to do that.

If anyone can help, that would be really, really awesome. (And I'll obviously donate to the site.)

Matt

UPDATE: I found an unpacking tool on My Digital Life and magically it worked. Now there are two wph files: 01KVB and 11JBB - both are 2082kb. Which do I use? I guess one is 64 and the other is 32? both the notebook I'm on and the one I need to fix are 64 bit machines.

Update 940am: I just guessed a wph file (01KVB), and tried to use that, however I cannot get WINCRIS.EXE to run. It says Failed to open SCM. If run as admin it says Error:Failed to start service "WinCrisis." Any ideas?

Update: 1050am: I ran wincris and made a USB with both the WPH files from the exe. However, I can't get it to boot. I hold win+b, fn+b, doesn't work. Help super welcome.

Update 1120am: It was 11JBB and the key was fn+escape. I got into the computer. Wow. However, trying to update the bios through windows again did not work. When the computer is off, you cannot get back in without using USB and the fn+esc thing. The exe downloaded from Samsung's site does not run properly - it extracts the files, then doesn't complete because of "missing drivers" or something. Any clues? Victory is so close I can smell it.

Update 4pm: Completed this at around 1230pm today. Even though the bios doesn't update from windows, I realised that is unnecessary because it already flashed from the USB. It appears to be stable. What a nightmare. If anyone else hits the same problem with this model, I can provide more detailed instruction of what I did, and send the files etc. This is a totally unreasonable situation for regular end users to have to encounter.
find
Thats nice, you figured it out alone before i help you Smile i like people like you who try to search and learn themselves Smile
the key for most of phoenix BIOSs is fn+esc Smile

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
Hi I am in a similar predicament, I managed to extract the bios and have the files you mentioned, but I have no battery, and would like to update the bios bypassing the battery message, would this be possible?

(05-31-2012, 12:43 AM)mprob Wrote: I hope I can sneak in here. I bricked my colleague's computer and had a heart attack. Then I spent three hours learning about BIOS. I'm out of my league but now I think I know what I need.

I believe that I need to get the wph file out of this exe file (this is my bios image from the manufacturer): https://dl.dropbox.com/u/474497/WIN_R590_11JB.exe

Then I can just follow these instructions http://www.bios-mods.com/bios-recovery/p...-recovery/ and recover her computer.

It took a long time (~3hrs, back and forth) to figure this out. I can't extract that exe with WinRar or universal extractor. There was something I saw on another forum about using a hex editor but that seemed crazy to me. I have no idea how to do that.

If anyone can help, that would be really, really awesome. (And I'll obviously donate to the site.)

Matt

UPDATE: I found an unpacking tool on My Digital Life and magically it worked. Now there are two wph files: 01KVB and 11JBB - both are 2082kb. Which do I use? I guess one is 64 and the other is 32? both the notebook I'm on and the one I need to fix are 64 bit machines.

Update 940am: I just guessed a wph file (01KVB), and tried to use that, however I cannot get WINCRIS.EXE to run. It says Failed to open SCM. If run as admin it says Error:Failed to start service "WinCrisis." Any ideas?

Update: 1050am: I ran wincris and made a USB with both the WPH files from the exe. However, I can't get it to boot. I hold win+b, fn+b, doesn't work. Help super welcome.

Update 1120am: It was 11JBB and the key was fn+escape. I got into the computer. Wow. However, trying to update the bios through windows again did not work. When the computer is off, you cannot get back in without using USB and the fn+esc thing. The exe downloaded from Samsung's site does not run properly - it extracts the files, then doesn't complete because of "missing drivers" or something. Any clues? Victory is so close I can smell it.

Update 4pm: Completed this at around 1230pm today. Even though the bios doesn't update from windows, I realised that is unnecessary because it already flashed from the USB. It appears to be stable. What a nightmare. If anyone else hits the same problem with this model, I can provide more detailed instruction of what I did, and send the files etc. This is a totally unreasonable situation for regular end users to have to encounter.
find
yes it is possible, just need to mod some flag in platform.ini

find
I don't have this file listed in the directory,

(03-04-2014, 09:20 AM)fjfc Wrote: yes it is possible, just need to mod some flag in platform.ini
find
Hi, I flash bios for this model under dos without errors but after reboot it seems bricked. Can you provide more detailed instructions of what you did to recover ?
find
Hello gsp,

Try following the CRISIS recovery instructions detailed here.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Does it work with 4gb USB flash drive ?
find
You must use a flashdrive that is 2GB or less for CRISIS to work.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Which tool should I use to extract WIN_R590_11JB.exe ?
find