Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424181
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3562
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 224
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 255
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223861
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119105
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6742
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 357
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309537
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61907
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 570
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20225
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169164
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6269
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 773
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5740
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61121
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274956

[Request] TS140 ThinkServer Bios Unlocking
#1
Lenovo ThinkServer TS-140

(First, let me apologize for this being so long. I figure that it is best to give more details rather than less details. Also, do know that I have spent a many many hours researching and testing, so I really have tried to figure it out on my own, but if I missed some obvious/clear answers, or searched incorrectly, please let me know.)

Goal/Need:
I want to remove all references to "Lenovo" and put my own name/logo in its place. When I run tools like Belarc, CPU-Z, etc, I would like all references to Lenovo replaced. Also when the machine boots; any BIOS boot logo, etc should be replaced. From what I understand, this machine has the "Aptio" BIOS type. (http://www.ami.com/Products/BIOSandEFIFirmware/Aptio/ )

Let me tell you where I started, and my journey thus far:
- I downloaded BIOS version 70A (http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/download...D=DS036809 ), prepped a USB drive to be bootable and successfully updated BIOS from 48A to 70A, no problem.
- I then followed instructions in the BIOS update readme (terbos06sr15.txt) on how to use VPD.bat, which just calls AMIDEDOS.EXE with switches. I successfully ran:
- AMIDEDOS /CA "My Name CA"
- AMIDEDOS /SP "My Name SP"

- If amidedos can change the Asset Tag, what else can we change...So I ran AMIDEDOS.EXE /ALL Output.txt.

[i][i] Name R/W Status Information
-------------------------- --- ------ ----------------------------------
(/IV)BIOS version R Done "FBKT70AUS"
(/ID)BIOS release date R Done "12/27/2013"
(/SM)System manufacture R Done "LENOVO"
(/SP)System product R Done "My Name SP"
(/SV)System version R Done "70A4001LUX"
(/SS)System Serial number R Done "MJ00ANET"
(/SU)System UUID R Done "65FDCE5E8BA911E3AA47FC4DD4F48282h"
(/SK)System SKU number R Done "LENOVO_PN_ThinkServer TS140"
(/SF)System Family R Done "To be filled by O.E.M."
(/BM)Baseboard manufacture R Done "LENOVO"
(/BP)Baseboard product R Done "ThinkServer TS140"
(/BV)Baseboard version R Done "Not Defined "
(/BS)Baseboard Serial number R Done " "
(/BT)Baseboard Asset Tag R Done " "
(/BLC)BB. Loc. in Chassis R Done "To be filled by O.E.M."
BaseBoardHandle = "0002h"
(/BMH)Baseboard manufacture R Done "LENOVO"
(/BPH)Baseboard product R Done "ThinkServer TS140"
(/BVH)Baseboard version R Done "Not Defined "
(/BSH)Baseboard Serial numberR Done " "
(/BTH)Baseboard Asset Tag R Done " "
(/BLCH)BB. Loc. in Chassis R Done "To be filled by O.E.M."
(/CM)Chassis manufacture R Done "LENOVO"
(/CT)Chassis type R Done "07h"
(/CV)Chassis version R Done "To Be Filled By O.E.M."
(/CS)Chassis Serial number R Done "MJ00ANET"
(/CA)Chassis Tag number R Done "My Name CA"
(/CO)Chassis OEM value R Done "00000000h"
(/CSK)Chassis SKU Number R Done ""
(/OS)OEM string #1 R Done "FBKT70AUS"
(/SCO)System Conf. Op. #1 R Done "scre++"
[/i][/i]


So "Lenovo" is still all over the place and still shows in Belarc, CPUID, etc. So I ran:
- AMIDEDOS.EXE /SM "My Name SM" = Ok.
- AMIDEDOS.EXE /BM "My Name BM" = Ok.
- AMIDEDOS.EXE /BP "My Name BP" = Ok.
- AMIDEDOS.EXE /BMH "My Name BMH" = Error: "Error device handle number format". It then lists all the commands and swtiches and shows the format is supposed to be /BMH ["String"]. So I'm clearly missing the "handle #" part. I've researched for hours, and cannot find any info about handle numbers?
- AMIDEDOS.EXE /BMH "My Name BMH" = Same Error as /BMH.
1) Can you help with the 'handle #' issue?

2) BIOS bootup logo; right now it boots with a "ThinkServer" logo.
- I tried using AMI Changelogo utility (http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/529-Bios-Tools/page47?p=865888&viewfull=1#post865888). I open the program (in Windows 7 64 bit), Load Image using the IMAGEFB.ROM from the USB drive, which is the 70A downloaded from Lenvo earlier. It then shoows an "Avaliable Images" as "Splash Logo", I click on Save Logo, and create "splash.bmp". But no program can open this (Paint, Infranview, Photoshop 7). My idea was to open this graphic, then i'll know the exact size/type etc, and create a perfectly matching file. So I used Paint to create a new .bmp file. No matter how small I made the image, when I clicked on "Replace Logo", I would always get the error like: "Logo size 50x31 exceeds BIOS maximum size 0x0. Do you want to replace the logo?". But at the bottom of the box it says "New logo is created". So I clicked on "Save Image As" and saved .ROM to usb drive; rebooted and ran 'flash.bat' which is 'afudos IMAGEFB.ROM /p /b /r /sp /capsule /defans'... but get error: "18 - Error: Unable to start a Secure Flash session" ? I have another new TS-140 that had the stock 48 BIOS, so there were no tweaks to the BIOS yet, I ran flash.bat on it; same error.

- I tried using MMTool and followed these instructions in post #2 (http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/25048-help-how-to-change-OEM-logo-bios-in-AMI-bios?p=385297&viewfull=1#post385297), but I do not see any "OEM Logo" listed, or anything else that is close to that? (Note: I may not be doing this correctly, but I loaded the IMAGEFB.ROM file from the USB flash drive, which is the downloaded version 70A used above. Am I supposed to load a ROM file from the current BIOS instead of using the downloaded one?)

So i'm stuck on those two points above; any help would be awesome!
find
quote
#2
Hi,

Would appreciate it if someone could mod this AMI Aptio IV BIOS from a Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 to enable the hidden Hard Disk Password Manager on the Security page of the BIOS.

Disabling the bios write protection is desirable but not essential.

The flashrom dump of the current BIOS region is attached.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,
Achelon


Attached Files
.bin   S2_D3A_Dump.bin (Size: 12 MB / Downloads: 8)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)