Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6402
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14038
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 137
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424545
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3652
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 323
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 342
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224761
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119203
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6814
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 437
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309807
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62000
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 655
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20313
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169425
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6385
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 860

[Request] Unlock Bios Acer Aspire S7-391
#11
After several tries I wasn't able to update my Aspire S7 BIOS through this method.

I formatted an USB in FAT32 mode and copied only the .fd file. I didn't change the name. I put legacy BIOS mode and I turned off the laptop. The battery is embedded, so I can't remove it for the process. I attached the USB stick and pressed Fn + Esc and later the power button. The USB led started blinking as if the laptop were reading some data from there. However, after 5 seconds (approx.), laptop reboots and nothing else happens, only a regular boot up of the system.

I have tried all USB sockets but no luck, and also others BIOS firmwares (originals renaming them to StormX64.fd).

Any ideas?
find
quote
#12
Don't try original as it is packed and may brick your computer if flash using recovery.

Make a backup with this tool (run as admin)

https://hostr.co/WsH11fE0qFtj

upload result.rar

<div style="background-color: #f9f9f9">
http://felipejfc.com
</div>
find
quote
#13
(03-22-2014, 11:49 AM)fjfc Wrote: Don't try original as it is packed and may brick your computer if flash using recovery.

Make a backup with this tool (run as admin)

https://hostr.co/WsH11fE0qFtj

upload result.rar

Thanks fjfc. Any tool to perform the backup for GNU/Linux computers? I am running Ubuntu. If not, can this tool run over FreeDOS?
find
quote
#14
There is a DOS tool, here:

Put then in a bootable FreeDOS usb stick (You can create with rufus, google it)

https://hostr.co/P1Rj0czwVVrJ

Then, to make the backup the command is

fpt.exe -d dump.bin

and send me the dump.

<div style="background-color: #f9f9f9">
http://felipejfc.com
</div>
find
quote
#15
(03-22-2014, 02:46 PM)felipejfc Wrote: There is a DOS tool, here:

Put then in a bootable FreeDOS usb stick (You can create with rufus, google it)

https://hostr.co/P1Rj0czwVVrJ

Then, to make the backup the command is

fpt.exe -d dump.bin

and send me the dump.

Hi fjfc, I am getting the following error with fpt and FreeDOS...


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#16
My fault, the right command is
fpt.exe -d dump.bin -bios

I forgot the -bios

<div style="background-color: #f9f9f9">
http://felipejfc.com
</div>
find
quote
#17
(03-23-2014, 03:24 PM)felipejfc Wrote: My fault, the right command is
fpt.exe -d dump.bin -bios

I forgot the -bios

Ok, thx fjfc. Now it works. Here there is my BIOS dump:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jjf3f18fzijtfp...OSdump.zip

Thank you in advance for your help.
find
quote
#18
Nice, cross fingers and try this mod:

https://hostr.co/pyoo8V3ilR5p

Report.

<div style="background-color: #f9f9f9">
http://felipejfc.com
</div>
find
quote
#19
(03-23-2014, 05:36 PM)felipejfc Wrote: Nice, cross fingers and try this mod:

https://hostr.co/pyoo8V3ilR5p

Report.

Hi felipefc,

does That mean that can be very risky? If so, I would prefer to avoid flashing your mod. I don't want to brick my company's laptop yet. :-)
find
quote
#20
No, it is not risky... I said cross fingers because some notebooks have BIOS write access blocked... It is safe to flash this...

<div style="background-color: #f9f9f9">
http://felipejfc.com
</div>
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)