Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 806
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108089
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1316
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9220
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8771
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14370
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425677
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3848
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 538
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 726
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227744
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119727
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7003
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 627
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310644
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62234

Request: Wifi whitelist removal for HP DV7-4280US - sp55299.exe
#1
Hi, awesome work you are doing here!

I had some issues with the sp55299_NWL_ByCamiloml.exe file (see my reply to Skywalker), so I was hoping you could help me get this resolved.

For the HP laptop below, the sp55299_NWL_ByCamiloml.exe BIOS works fine for a few hours & several reboots, though the boot screen would show the 'device not supported' error for a second.

After a few hours, the laptop stops booting, and just starts with a blank screen; only activity is lights & fan continuously on. Had to perform Windows + B + Power sequence with the original BIOS on a USB key to recover.

Based on your HP thread, I checked for RSA , and the sp55299 does show "Decrypted" in the first line of the log, indicating that it is RSA. I think I went into the BIOS setup before the fail...

I'm willing to test; I don't need the SLIC stuff, just would like to swap the original wifi card with a model that supports 5 Ghz & bluetooth.

Specs:

Laptop Model - HP DV7-4280US
BIOS Version - Insyde F.29 sp55299.exe
Location - http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55299.exe
Current Wifi card - Intel® WiFi Link 1000 BGN
Current ID - PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0084&SUBSYS_13158086&REV_00
New Wifi card - Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235
New ID - PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_088E&SUBSYS_40608086&REV_24
find
quote
#2
(09-02-2012, 06:44 AM)JoeSchmo9000 Wrote: Hi, awesome work you are doing here!

I had some issues with the sp55299_NWL_ByCamiloml.exe file (see my reply to Skywalker), so I was hoping you could help me get this resolved.

For the HP laptop below, the sp55299_NWL_ByCamiloml.exe BIOS works fine for a few hours & several reboots, though the boot screen would show the 'device not supported' error for a second.

After a few hours, the laptop stops booting, and just starts with a blank screen; only activity is lights & fan continuously on. Had to perform Windows + B + Power sequence with the original BIOS on a USB key to recover.

Based on your HP thread, I checked for RSA , and the sp55299 does show "Decrypted" in the first line of the log, indicating that it is RSA. I think I went into the BIOS setup before the fail...

I'm willing to test; I don't need the SLIC stuff, just would like to swap the original wifi card with a model that supports 5 Ghz & bluetooth.


Laptop Model - HP DV7-4280US
BIOS Version - Insyde F.29 sp55299.exe
Location - http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55299.exe
Current Wifi card - Intel® WiFi Link 1000 BGN
Current ID - PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0084&SUBSYS_13158086&REV_00
New Wifi card - Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235
New ID - PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_088E&SUBSYS_40608086&REV_24

Hi.

As you said, first of all thx to the ppl who made all the documentation.

I'm triying to upgrade an HP Pavillion DV6 3032SS from its default Wireless card to an Intel 7260AC and I had the exact same problem that you describe. I flashed sp55299_NWL_ByCamiloml and the laptop worked flawlessly with the new card but suddenly in W10 when turning off the pc it got stuck and i had no more options that power it off by pressing power key. Then tried to turn it on and got the black screen. The solution was to recover the bios.

Did you find any solution to this issue?

Thx in advance.
find
quote
#3
Ok it looks like that Bios is somehow bugged. I tried this one https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...st-removal

Everything seems to work frawlessly now, even the alert at the startup disappeared. Thx for the work.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)