Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 33
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424241
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3565
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 231
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 167
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 259
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223963
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119114
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 242
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6748
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 361
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309563
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61909
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 574
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20229
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169177
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6277
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 777
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5744
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61130

[Request] .bin bios file for AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming (bricked)
#1
Hey all,

I've AORUS Gigabyte x470 Ultra Gaming. After flashing the bios from bios setup via Qflash using a USB stick, the PC won't post anymore and it won't even enter the bios. So, I bought the CH341A programmer with hope to erase the bios from the bios chip and reprogram it with F3G the latest one. But when I try to open the F3G files downloaded from Gigabyte website it say it can read the file due the format differ (I have no idea).

I really ask for help if someone could provide me the .bin bios for my mobo. Thanks so much and appreciate for any kind of help.

Here's the Bios downloaded from the gigabyte website.


Attached Files
.zip   mb_bios_x470-aorus-ultra-gaming_f3g.zip (Size: 8.22 MB / Downloads: 15)
find
quote
#2
unzip the file from gigabyte server, this file is .bin (Same as), you write this file with programmer >> X470AUG.F3g

Here is all the latest versions of CH341A software, install driver first, then I suggest trying 1.31 or 1.30
https://www.sendspace.com/file/gtcmvd

If you are not using that software, and want to keep using whatever you are using, you can rename X470AUG.F3g to X470AUG.bin or X470AUG.F3g.bin if you want, it's all the same since this is already a bin file.

You will need to put in your LAN MAC ID, it's near/on LAN metal block, but I am unsure where this goes right now on AMD systems. Before you write anything make sure you can get a verified dump with the software (may need to try a few versions first) And you may need to select different CHIP ID too sometimes, for example if ID ends in FV you might need to choose BV instead. So you can get read, verify and it says buffer/memory and chip match, then save the BIOS. Do that before writing to the chip, and send that file here along with your MAC ID from the sticker on LAN, may be under that plastic cover if there is big plastic cover over I/O ports. Then I can tell you correct location in BIOS to put in your MAC ID before writing or re-writing your new BIOS.
find
quote
#3
(10-19-2018, 06:20 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: unzip the file from gigabyte server, this file is .bin (Same as), you write this file with programmer >> X470AUG.F3g

Here is all the latest versions of CH341A software, install driver first, then I suggest trying 1.31 or 1.30
https://www.sendspace.com/file/gtcmvd

If you are not using that software, and want to keep using whatever you are using, you can rename X470AUG.F3g to X470AUG.bin or X470AUG.F3g.bin if you want, it's all the same since this is already a bin file.

You will need to put in your LAN MAC ID, it's near/on LAN metal block, but I am unsure where this goes right now on AMD systems.  Before you write anything make sure you can get a verified dump with the software (may need to try a few versions first) And you may need to select different CHIP ID too sometimes, for example if ID ends in FV you might need to choose BV instead.  So you can get read, verify and it says buffer/memory and chip match, then save the BIOS.   Do that before writing to the chip, and send that file here along with your MAC ID from the sticker on LAN, may be under that plastic cover if there is big plastic cover over I/O ports.  Then I can tell you correct location in BIOS to put in your MAC ID before writing or re-writing your new BIOS.

Hey, thanks for your reply.. I've download the software provided and use the 1.30 version. I'm getting something like this. (see attachment)

I'm sorry but I couldn't find the MAC ID. 

Here's some picture.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
           
find
quote
#4
On the first image (Access violation), that is due to either wrong connection orientation or connection lost during some part of the process (cable moved etc). Sometimes wrong software for that too, but usually the others more-so. Second image means not valid dump, ie not verified. That usually means incorrect CHIP ID used, or need to try another software version.

on the LAN ID Sticker, it's usually on the metal LAN block itself, but may be on some other sticker area on the board too, check all locations like beside/on SATA ports, beside/ON top/bottom sides of PCI/PCIE slots, back of board etc. The LAN one is usually on or around the LAN though, but I haven't seen many with the plastic cover recently so I don't remember if they've moved it now due to that or still on LAN ports (Check under audio block too, on bottom of block)

Is that your exact CHIP ID >> W25Q128FW Look on chip itself to verify, you may need magnifying glass and small flashlight tilted at different angles. If you can, please give me the full numbers shown, and if I have same chip I will test for you on my end to see which software version works best. Which programmer do you have, green/blue or black/gold?

Wait! If that is your exact chip, you need this 1.8V adapter https://www.ebay.com/itm/253208845481

Programmers use 3.3V as do many BIOS, but this particular chip is 1.8V chip. I only have W25Q128FVSG which is normal 3.3v, I checked and I don't have any 1.8V chip to test and see what happens on 3.3v controller without 1.8V adapter, sorry.

I may still work OK, I am not sure, but it's not healthy and may not work at all without the adapter. I don't have any of those chips to check for you, sorry.
find
quote
#5
(10-19-2018, 11:48 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: On the first image (Access violation), that is due to either wrong connection orientation or connection lost during some part of the process (cable moved etc).  Sometimes wrong software for that too, but usually the others more-so.  Second image means not valid dump, ie not verified.  That usually means incorrect CHIP ID used, or need to try another software version.

on the LAN ID Sticker, it's usually on the metal LAN block itself, but may be on some other sticker area on the board too, check all locations like beside/on SATA ports, beside/ON top/bottom sides of PCI/PCIE slots, back of board etc.  The LAN one is usually on or around the LAN though, but I haven't seen many with the plastic cover recently so I don't remember if they've moved it now due to that or still on LAN ports (Check under audio block too, on bottom of block)

Is that your exact CHIP ID >> W25Q128FW  Look on chip itself to verify, you may need magnifying glass and small flashlight tilted at different angles.  If you can, please give me the full numbers shown, and if I have same chip I will test for you on my end to see which software version works best.  Which programmer do you have, green/blue or black/gold?

Wait!  If that is your exact chip, you need this 1.8V adapter https://www.ebay.com/itm/253208845481

Programmers use 3.3V as do many BIOS, but this particular chip is 1.8V chip.  I only have W25Q128FVSG which is normal 3.3v, I checked and I don't have any 1.8V chip to test and see what happens on 3.3v controller without 1.8V adapter, sorry.

I may still work OK, I am not sure, but it's not healthy and may not work at all without the adapter.  I don't have any of those chips to check for you, sorry.
I'm really sorry for the late respond. I've ordered the 1.8V and it just arrived last week. 

My motherboard chip id are as follow windbond 25W128FWSQ (Both the B_BIOS & M_BIOS).

And as far as I seek and trying really hard to locate the Lan MAC id but I'm just out of luck. Sad
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)