Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p whitelist r...
Last Post: snowc
Today 12:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6439
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14071
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 148
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424635
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3671
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 342
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 241
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 365
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1225133
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119237
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 310
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6833
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 458
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309906
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62028
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 676
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20336
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169492
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6419

Request for Dell XPS One - A2010 BIOS Unlock
#1
I have upgraded the processor in my XPS One from a Core 2 Duo E6550 to a Core 2 Quad Q9550S (65W TDP version). However, the CPU and system fans run continuously at full speed. I'm hoping that there are some hidden options in the BIOS that will give some control over the fans. Using AMIBCP 3.37 I can see strings in the ROM that appear to be related to thermal settings and/or fans. However, in the Setup Configuration tab there are no menu options related to fans. Therefore, I'm requesting help in determining if there are hidden options and unlocking them.

I tried inserting the microcode file cpu00010676_plat00000001_ver0000060f_date20100929.bin (found from a link on this page: http://www.delidded.com/how-to-update-cp...-ami-bios/) for the Q9550S into the CPU Patch Data and that actually prevented the computer from booting. It would get as far as the usual beeps but then it'd just stop. No error messages, no additional beeps, nothing. Pressing PF2 to access the BIOS didn't work either. So that was actually worse than not having the microcode for the processor in the BIOS. I put the E6550 back in and removed the Q9550S microcode, flashed the BIOS and am back where I started using the E6550. 

Any help is appreciated. The latest ROM files for BIOS update from Dell for the XPS One are attached.


Attached Files
.rom   M-010008.rom (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 4)
.rom   M-020006.rom (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 2)
find
quote
#2
Were you able to make any headway on this? I would like to upgrade to the Q9550S as well from the E4500 in my XPS One A2010.
find
quote
#3
(05-11-2015, 11:02 PM)F8L Wrote: Were you able to make any headway on this? I would like to upgrade to the Q9550S as well from the E4500 in my XPS One A2010.

Unfortunately I've made no progress. Have you tried the upgrade? I'm curious to see if you experience the same thing I did. Others have claimed they did the upgrade with no ill-effects. I guess I'm wondering if it's just my Mobo or something else specific to my PC.
find
quote
#4
Was anyone ever able to unlock the bios for A2010?
find
quote
#5
(11-30-2015, 01:27 PM)badtenant Wrote: Was anyone ever able to unlock the bios for A2010?
Not to my knowledge. I suspect it is old enough that no one wants to mess with it. Maybe someday...
find
quote
#6
(03-22-2015, 02:31 PM)txdot Wrote: I have upgraded the processor in my XPS One from a Core 2 Duo E6550 to a Core 2 Quad Q9550S (65W TDP version). However, the CPU and system fans run continuously at full speed. I'm hoping that there are some hidden options in the BIOS that will give some control over the fans. Using AMIBCP 3.37 I can see strings in the ROM that appear to be related to thermal settings and/or fans. However, in the Setup Configuration tab there are no menu options related to fans. Therefore, I'm requesting help in determining if there are hidden options and unlocking them.

I tried inserting the microcode file cpu00010676_plat00000001_ver0000060f_date20100929.bin (found from a link on this page: http://www.delidded.com/how-to-update-cp...-ami-bios/) for the Q9550S into the CPU Patch Data and that actually prevented the computer from booting. It would get as far as the usual beeps but then it'd just stop. No error messages, no additional beeps, nothing. Pressing PF2 to access the BIOS didn't work either. So that was actually worse than not having the microcode for the processor in the BIOS. I put the E6550 back in and removed the Q9550S microcode, flashed the BIOS and am back where I started using the E6550. 

Any help is appreciated. The latest ROM files for BIOS update from Dell for the XPS One are attached.

Hi~~i have a question.
q9550s's stepping should was e0,why do you inject stepping c0??
http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core_2/Int...0S%29.html
Maybe you can try to add corresponding microcode for q9550s on your machine.

find
quote
#7
(12-06-2015, 06:11 AM)genius239 Wrote:
(03-22-2015, 02:31 PM)txdot Wrote: I have upgraded the processor in my XPS One from a Core 2 Duo E6550 to a Core 2 Quad Q9550S (65W TDP version). However, the CPU and system fans run continuously at full speed. I'm hoping that there are some hidden options in the BIOS that will give some control over the fans. Using AMIBCP 3.37 I can see strings in the ROM that appear to be related to thermal settings and/or fans. However, in the Setup Configuration tab there are no menu options related to fans. Therefore, I'm requesting help in determining if there are hidden options and unlocking them.

I tried inserting the microcode file cpu00010676_plat00000001_ver0000060f_date20100929.bin (found from a link on this page: http://www.delidded.com/how-to-update-cp...-ami-bios/) for the Q9550S into the CPU Patch Data and that actually prevented the computer from booting. It would get as far as the usual beeps but then it'd just stop. No error messages, no additional beeps, nothing. Pressing PF2 to access the BIOS didn't work either. So that was actually worse than not having the microcode for the processor in the BIOS. I put the E6550 back in and removed the Q9550S microcode, flashed the BIOS and am back where I started using the E6550. 

Any help is appreciated. The latest ROM files for BIOS update from Dell for the XPS One are attached.

Hi~~i have a question.
q9550s's stepping should was e0,why do you inject stepping c0??
http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core_2/Int...0S%29.html
Maybe you can try to add corresponding microcode for q9550s on your machine.
Anything done incorrectly would be out of complete ignorance as I'm new to modding a BIOS.  Smile 

In double checking things I see that the microcode file I said I inserted was NOT the one I actually used. The one I used was cpu0001067a_plat00000011_ver00000a0b_date20100928.bin. See attachments.

I don't see where the stepping is indicated in the file name. How could you tell I injected C0 instead of E0? 

Any additional help is really appreciated!


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)