Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 24
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424233
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3565
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 230
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 166
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 259
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223942
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119112
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 241
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6748
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 361
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309561
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61908
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 574
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20229
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169174
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6275
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 777
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5744
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61130

Request for hidden menus unlock for Sager NP9876/Clevo P870KM1-G
#1
I have a Sager NP9876/Clevo P870KM1-G (Sager branded, bought from xoticpc.com in May 2017). @Prema hasn't released a modded BIOS for this model, presumably because someone screwed him over. So I'm posting here to request that someone unlock the hidden menus in my BIOS. I'm not asking for additional overclocking options, a modded VBIOS, etc. My main interest in this is that my laptop can only boot in UEFI *OR* legacy/CSM mode on internal drives, but I can't see options for both simultaneously, either in the BIOS or in the F7 boot menu. For external devices like flash drives both UEFI and legacy options appear at the same time (if I remember correctly when I last tried it). My laptop is capable of both UEFI and legacy boot. I like to play around with different OSes, booting schemes, and partitioning methods (GPT and MBR, hybrid MBR, etc), so this is of particular use to me if the hidden options in my BIOS can be made fully visible (not just the boot options, I mean everything that's hidden by default).

Sager hasn't made a BIOS for my model available for download, so I dumped the BIOS ROM image with the AMI firmware update utility available at https://ami.com/en/products/bios-uefi-to...utilities/ (APTIO V).

I will also need exact instructions on how to flash a modded BIOS and what tool I will need to use, in addition to links to recovery methods if something goes wrong. Presumably I need to use one of the utilities listed on the page above, but there are quite a few, and I don't know which one to use.

I am willing to donate to any experienced modder willing to do this expediently. The amount is negotiable, you can send me a private message to discuss this. If you can suggest any additional mods I might be interested in, then we can discuss that as well, and I will donate an additional amount for extra work above and beyond the hidden menus unlock I'm already requesting.

I have uploaded my BIOS dump file to an online storage account, link below:
https://mega.nz/#!8wwDkZoS!RLFZa2Ah9uMuu...DQgVnX_vqk

If any aditional info is needed then let me know and I will repond quickly.

Thanks for your time!

Additional details:

Bios Version
1.05.05RLS2
KBC/EC 1.05.02

VBIOS Revision
86.04.2A.00.2D
VBios Built Date
July 06/16
find
quote
#2
Big shout to Feluchi for an amazing job on modding BIOSes, if you have a Sager NP9876 (Clevo P870KM1-G) he is the man you are looking for, highly recommended, and an amazing and polite person, PM and he will answer. For people looking for this service be advised though that it will void warranty (I know it's bios-mods forums but best to be safe) as messing with firmware is looked down upon by most companies you would buy your laptop from, and that after flashing a Clevo BIOS on a Sager branded machine is not really advisable to go back to the Sager one (but who would want such restrictions anyway) for it might brick your laptop. If you run into a problem like your laptop not being able to even turn on the screen, remember nowadays resetting the CMOS is just as easy as holding FN+D before turning the machine on, keep holding when pressing the power button and wait until it reboots and you are greeted with a happy message that CMOS settings have been reset. BTW the Style Note BIOS splash screen is one ugly dude, but be happy for if you are seeing it, you are one step closer to unleash all your laptop potential.

P.D.: If you are looking to go back to a Sager BIOS (for some strange reason) you can Google it and there is a thread in which (I think was Prema) found a way to do so.
find
quote
#3
Asking for "Chipset" tab, i need this for Unlock the option in my Bios Sad
find
quote
#4
Hi everyone,

Is this thread still active?
I tried downloading the latest bios from this repo: https://repo.palkeo.com/clevo-mirror/P87xKMx/ but I'm having a hard time following the instructions.
The instructions say that I need to run meset.exe (reboot occurs) and then run flashme.bat (called flashm~1.bat in freedos).

At this point I get the error: flashme.bat cannot be run in dos mode.

What am I missing here?
And why doesn't CLEVO offer official bios downloads anymore? Aren't they obligated to do so!?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)