Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Today 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 60
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Today 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 81
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Yesterday 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 136
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Yesterday 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1222054
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Yesterday 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118898
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 160
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6641
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 265
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308942
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61716
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 452
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20098
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168800
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6130
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 661
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5620
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60933
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274805
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 775
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24733

SM3322 add Phenom II X6 CPU support
#1
Hey. I want to use a Phenom II X6 on a Itautec SM-3322 board (Pegatron AP480C-S, according to CPU-Z). It currently has an Athlon X3 on it.
With the board's bios, it won't even post when I insert the Phenom on it.
I tried to flash the ASUS M3A78-CM BIOS on this board, since they are a bit similar.
The board detects the processor, but fails to finish booting. It displays "Initializing USB controllers" and hangs.

Is it possible to get the updated AGESA code from the ASUS board and replace it on my board BIOS?
I added both bios to the thread.

Thanks!


Attached Files
.rom   M3A78-CM-ASUS-2801.ROM (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 4)
.rom   SM3322.ROM (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 3)
find
quote
#2
If you have a hardware programmer then you can try to use BIOS from MSI - https://download.msi.com/bos_exe/mb/7501v1C.zip
find
quote
#3
Thanks! I flashed this bios, but it gets too unstable, sometimes it boots, sometimes it doesn't. So I flashed back my stock bios, and placed the old Athlon back inside.

Guess it's time for another motherboard to go with the Phenom.
find
quote
#4
(01-05-2020, 08:45 AM)conscript_ Wrote: but it gets too unstable, sometimes it boots, sometimes it doesn't.
Did you check the stability with old CPU and MSI BIOS?
find
quote
#5
it's the same thing with the Athlon. When I set the SATA mode to AHCI it won't boot anymore. So i let it stay on IDE mode. I tried to install windows and the installer hangs. Inserted a ubuntu live USB, and it could not complete booting as well.
Many times when I try to turn on the computer, it won't post, so I have to stay pressing reset until it starts.
find
quote
#6
So this MSI BIOS isn't compatible.
Try to find BIOS for Pegatron AP480-S version 1010 - https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/1891719
and BIOS for Pegatron AP480C-S/RM version 1012 - https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/9882746
find
quote
#7
Thanks! I'll try to find those BIOS, but I'm not sure they will support the Thuban processor. The benchmarks you linked show an Athlon dual core (Regor) and a triple core Phenom (Heka). They are probably supported on my BIOS, since it's running a triple core Athlon, which is similar to the Phenom, minus the L3 cache.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)