Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 21
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424228
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3564
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 227
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 166
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 257
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223933
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119110
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 241
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6745
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 360
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309557
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61908
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 572
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20228
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169172
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6274
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 776
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5743
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61125

[SOLVED] - GA 945GM-S2 and 45-nm CPU stuck at 6x
#11
thanks for your information, but I dont really think that if intel is saying so it is really not possible due to hardware specific constraint - I think so because the cpu is already working on the mainboard - but with wrong multiplier, and this is I think a microcode issue... as newer 945P boards are also supporting these cpus... and the cpu pin layout is identical to other core2duo... which are supportet by the boad natively and FSB800 also should not be a problem.

if anyone knows exactly thas this is not going to work, please let me know... so I save time and possible hardware failure.

so if anyone can support me with the newest intel microcodes (ncpucode.bin) so I will try to mod it myself Wink as the board has bios recorvery function I am not so freightend to do it as of my sx48p2 which does not offer bios recorvery...

THANKS for help!
find
quote
#12
Ok I just finish modding your bios. I added the cpucode for the e5800 pentium dual core cpu and I also unlocked some overclock options. Here is the link to the Bios. http://www.mediafire.com/?lfelwri29qr32sv
find
quote
#13
Thanks dellon,
before i flash, what ncpucode.bin file do you use - from which mainborad bios did you extract it. maybe you can send it to me for further usage?

(02-07-2012, 04:05 PM)dellon122 Wrote: Ok I just finish modding your bios. I added the cpucode for the e5800 pentium dual core cpu and I also unlocked some overclock options. Here is the link to the Bios. http://www.mediafire.com/?lfelwri29qr32sv

find
quote
#14
(05-28-2011, 07:48 AM)1234s282 Wrote: Try this BIOS at your own risk!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Gigabyte%...34s282.zip

I have the very same problem. I need to run an E8400 on a Ga945GM-S2.

I flashed this bios you've posted but the pc won't boot anyway. Any hints?

Regards.
find
quote
#15
Hi
I am new to this forum.
Sorry to bother You !
I need this bios mod badly...
Can You upload the bios mod somewhere else as the link is currently inactive.
Or You can PM me with the zip file.

Thanks in advance !


http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Gigabyte%...34s282.zip
find
quote
#16
rafporto Wrote:I need to run an E8400 on a Ga945GM-S2

It is impossible. Motherboards that supports Intel Core2 Duo E8400 ("Wolfdale") must have VRM11 - a new regulation voltage module. It's supporting by CPU too.

Hardware maximum for Intel 945 chipset series is a "Conroe" - Core2 Duo up to E4700 and Core2 Duo E6300, E6600, E6700.
find
quote
#17
Hi,

I know, I am asking for cpu support for an older board, maybe someone already have this bios modded. I am from brazil and I have been working in a few older boards and came across this one, that states in the site that supports E7500 but vcore status is failed and the clock is 1.6ghz instead of 2.93ghz, I looked all over and could resolve the issue, thats why I am requesting support from someone. Thanks
find
quote
#18
(02-07-2012, 04:05 PM)dellon122 Wrote: Ok I just finish modding your bios. I added the cpucode for the e5800 pentium dual core cpu and I also unlocked some overclock options. Here is the link to the Bios. http://www.mediafire.com/?lfelwri29qr32sv
Hi! My dad computer has an E5300 processor stuck at 6x multiplier. Can this bios work? I couldn´t download it caude the link is expired. Can you help me?

Thanks!
find
quote
#19
Hey Guys!

My dad computer has this board and a pentium e5300. Does someone knows any bios mod to this board or any way to raise multiplier? Stock multiplier is 13x, but is stuck at 6x.

Found a thread and a bios mod here at the forum, but link is expired.

Can anyone help?

Tks a lot!
find
quote
#20
Make & post a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with native CPU.
What's the revision of your motherboard: 1.0 or 3.x?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)