Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424174
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3560
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 223
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 254
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223826
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119104
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6741
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 356
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309526
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61906
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 569
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20223
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169161
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6267
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 772
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5739
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61119
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274954

[SOLVED] HP ProLiant ML110 G5 microcode update
#11
(07-14-2018, 08:18 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: damageisking
Try & check.

I tried! Ouch. My ML110 G5 has a Xeon 3065 (original socket 775) 2.33Ghz and that infernal 2x 4000rpm fan noise. Same bios 015 as above. I successfully added a Nvidia GT720 but the machine is still useless given the fan roar. So I thought I would try this mod on mine. It certainly has not fixed the fan noise. It has forced me back on to the abysmally slow onboard graphics card and my video card in slot 4 (PCIexpress X8) is no longer visible at all. Neither in windows or at boot time. Ouch.
I should mention that I experienced disappearing video cards a few days ago when I tried installing an NVS280 PCI card. It booted once then not at all. I suspect it is a quirk of the strange lights out (LO) built in display system.
find
quote
#12
Flash original BIOS.
Post a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0
find
quote
#13
(09-06-2018, 11:50 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Flash original BIOS.
Post a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#14
Current BIOS has latest microcode for your CPU. So it's not CPU problem.
find
quote
#15
Deathbringer, I really appreciate your help. I have attached a png pic. This is with the flashed bios. I am going to have fun reverting back to original bios. The reason I used your posted bios was because I could not find another bios.
The disappearing display was due to the installed OS; win7 not installing the Nvidia Quadro NVS280. It was not disappearing it was hanging on boot. During the "windows" animation.
find
quote
#16
(09-07-2018, 02:22 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Current BIOS has latest microcode for your CPU. So it's not CPU problem.

So that bios does work on my other Xeon. I cured my mad fan problem by updating the "management firmware". From 3.02 to 3.20. (find it under IPMI in your bios) It reset 30 BMC parameters. HP package is SP49103.exe. this contains a usb creator with all files and the files (confusingly to me) separate in a flat file; but they are the same. (HP use caldera DR-DOS; hmmmm). Actual package name is...
Firmware Upgrade for HP ProLiant ML115 G5\ML150 G5\ML110 G5\DL180 G5\DL120 G5 Lights-Out 100 Remote Management (For USB Key-Media)
Why did my graphics card fail to be detected after bios rewrite? Dunno. It has gone off again, seems stuck in a standby mode.
find
quote
#17
(09-07-2018, 06:12 PM)condover Wrote: Why did my graphics card fail to be detected after bios rewrite?
I'm not a specialist in graphics.
find
quote
#18
Wink 
Hello,
can i ask for some little asistance?

i want to install xeon  L5420(771 LGA) in Hp Proliant ml110 G5 (intel s3200)(775 LGA)

Some pros were talking about it here:
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-S...ode-update

but im not confident yet how to do it alone from the begining.
Could You help?

Requirements for request:
-bios link:
same as stated here: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-S...ode-update

-whats happens: I.e. It doesn't boot / it shows an error (which? post a picture):

i physicaly moded the LGA 775 socket for 771 CPUs,
also mounted that little adapter on the processor,
placed it, Xeon L5420, aand it does not work.
Computer does not boot (no beeps) he just jet ventilates.

i have hirens bootable Cd on usb, got that rufus progz too, ready to make usb MS-DOS bootable if needed, so what i do now?

best Regards!


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#19
Xeon 5400 series aren't supported by this motherboard.
find
quote
#20
hello I have a hp priolant ml110 g5 server running with an intel E2160 cpu in socket 775 and putting a xeon 3110 cpu does not turn off the fan (which in its normal operation only works on occasions and at startup), microcode error and does not start the system operational. according to HP the processor is compatible with the xeon31xx series only under update but valid for windows server 2003 to 2008r2 and I have a more modern one. If you could help me to update that CPU I would appreciate it.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)