Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14000
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424467
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3620
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 285
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 206
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 307
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224539
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119172
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6789
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 408
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309727
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61965
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 624
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20279
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169323
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6352
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 827
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5797

[SOLVED] Lenovo B570 CPU upgrade
#1
Hi all,

I am working on upgrading my girlfriend's Lenovo B570 and am looking to overcome two obstacles.  I ordered a 2640m i7 to replace the aging Pentium B940 that the laptop came with, and only after the fact realized that this model doesn't appear to be on Lenovo's approved list of processors for this computer (although from a hardware perspective, I can't see any reason why it shouldn't work).  I'm hoping that someone can help me with a modified BIOS that will allow the 2640m to work.  I am still waiting on the arrival of the new processor but it should arrive some time this coming Wednesday or Thursday and I'd like to preemptively have a modded BIOS before I tear down the machine.  I've attached CPU-Z screenshots of the current system for reference. I'll be more than happy to donate to anyone who can help me get this to work!  Smile

Manufacturer: Lenovo
Model: B570 1068
BIOS revision: 44CN43WW
BIOS vendor: Phoenix UEFI
BIOS download link: https://download.lenovo.com/UserFiles/Dr...CN43WW.exe

Thank you in advance!

   
   
find
quote
#2
I think that native BIOS supports i7-2640M, so modded BIOS isn't needed.
find
quote
#3
Fantastic, I hope you're right! I ran across an old discussion board earlier that had a list of CPUs that were natively supported and the 2640M wasn't on it, so I was concerned that I was going to run into an issue after swapping out the processors. Unfortunately a lot of the links to official Lenovo documentation on the matter I've tried to follow are broken, I'm sure due to the age of the system at this point. Thanks for the reply, I'll keep my fingers crossed that the swap goes as it should and update here in case anyone else in the future attempts the same upgrade path.
find
quote
#4
All, I just wanted to update this to let everyone know that the CPU swap of the stock Pentium B940 for the i7-2640m went off without a hitch and is working great.  DeathBringer was, not surprisingly, correct regarding the stock 44CN43WW BIOS supporting this model processor.  DeathBringer, thank you for your insight - it helped to ease my mind prior to the mod.  Mods, feel free to move this thread wherever you see fit!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)