Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6371
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14012
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424504
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3627
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 296
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 316
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224643
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119179
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6794
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 419
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309753
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61975
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 631
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20287
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169387
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6360
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 834

[SOLVED] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E530 - how to update microcode?
#11
(03-11-2018, 07:44 AM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(03-11-2018, 07:36 AM)Ohforf Wrote: $0AH0000.FL1 is Embedded Controller Module firmware
No, it's full backup of BIOS.
What's file that I should modify - FL1 or FL2?
Post a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0

Attaching screenshot.

FL2 contains the microcode, so I suppose FL2 should be modified. But can you please also teach me how to modify it by myself? Please? Maybe in PM if it's not public?


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#12
(03-11-2018, 08:05 AM)Ohforf Wrote: FL2 contains the microcode, so I suppose FL2 should be modified.
FL1 contains all FL2 data Smile
Did you tried to reflash BIOS by "standard" method with coping latest microcode (renamed to 306A9.PAT) near 306A8.PAT?
(03-11-2018, 08:05 AM)Ohforf Wrote: But can you please also teach me how to modify it by myself?
No, I'm not tutor.
find
quote
#13
(03-11-2018, 08:13 AM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(03-11-2018, 08:05 AM)Ohforf Wrote: FL2 contains the microcode, so I suppose FL2 should be modified.
FL1 contains all FL2 data Smile

Why, yes, it really does. o_O It's just UEFITool says it's "Intel image". And FL2 is "UEFI capsule". Also I just said what I found here: https://blog.fpmurphy.com/2016/11/examin...dates.html

Interesting, thank you.

(03-11-2018, 08:13 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Did you tried to reflash BIOS by "standard" method with coping
latest microcode (renamed to 306A9.PAT) near 306A8.PAT?

Yes, it's the first thing I did (see my first post). Didn't work.


(03-11-2018, 08:13 AM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(03-11-2018, 08:05 AM)Ohforf Wrote: But can you please also teach me how to modify it by myself?
No, I'm not tutor.

I understand, it's clearly said in your nickname who you are. Big Grin But maybe you can share some tools names or keywords for Google for me to try to do some more research? You see I went some way from not knowing anything to knowledge I have in this post, I can figure something out by myself, with a little tiny bit of help. Smile
find
quote
#14
Well, you can try to flash my mod.
find
quote
#15
(03-11-2018, 08:33 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Well, you can try to flash my mod.

It did work! I have 1F now, thank you. Smile

But maybe just a hint on how did you do that? Smile
find
quote
#16
Copy, paste and correct checksum.
find
quote
#17
(03-11-2018, 09:03 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Copy, paste and correct checksum.

Yaaaaaay! Spent a few hours, but did all this (again) by myself. Smile

Couldn't figure out how to calculate checksum, so used UEFI Tool to rebuild a section and it also calculated the checksum.

Anyway, thank you so much!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)