Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424129
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3554
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223735
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119095
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6736
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 351
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309494
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 564
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20216
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169141
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6260
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 766
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5735
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61106
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274946

[SOLVED] Sony VAIO VPCCA i7 2860QM Quad Core Support
#11
There you go
[Image: 2mx1g82.jpg]
[Image: rk1miq.jpg]
find
quote
#12

  1. Uncheck Number of proccesors
  2. Check Detect HAL
  3. Press OK and reboot
find
quote
#13
(09-19-2015, 11:26 AM)DeathBringer Wrote:
  1. Uncheck Number of proccesors
  2. Check Detect HAL
  3. Press OK and reboot

Finally!!! It was 1)!!! (I don't have the "Detect HAL" option).

I enabled core parking back to save energy and everything is working fine.

Thanks a lot guys!
find
quote
#14
I had my suspicions that was it, that's why I asked about msconfig Smile

glad you got it sorted
find
quote
#15
Just interested how the quad core has been working in Vaio?

I have Sony Vaio 14" VPCCA3S1E (model: PCG-61714M) using i3-2330M (35W TDP) and I have been thinking about quad core upgrade like i7-2630QM
(45W TDP, 2.0GHz, 6MB). You have been using much faster CPU with same TDP but I guess in real life it will heat a little bit more than i7-2630QM (because 2860QM has 2.6 GHz, 8MB cache).
So if 2860QM has been working fine, then I guess the 2630QM will work fine for sure? Smile

Thanks for your response in advance,
J
find
quote
#16
Note that i7-2630QM has TDP=45W
So this laptop can overheat and CPU can't run with full speed (Turbo Boost) .
find
quote
#17
(01-22-2017, 06:59 AM)jonval Wrote: Just interested how the quad core has been working in Vaio?

I have Sony Vaio 14" VPCCA3S1E (model: PCG-61714M) using i3-2330M (35W TDP) and I have been thinking about quad core upgrade like i7-2630QM
(45W TDP, 2.0GHz, 6MB). You have been using much faster CPU with same TDP but I guess in real life it will heat a little bit more than i7-2630QM (because 2860QM has 2.6 GHz, 8MB cache).
So if 2860QM has been working fine, then I guess the 2630QM will work fine for sure? Smile

Thanks for your response in advance,
J

Sorry, I just saw this by chance! It has been working great! It's true that the TDP is higher than the original specs, and I´m not constantly pushing all the cores 100%, but it was a visible improvement over the original CPU. It is still my main personal laptop.
find
quote
#18
  • Hello Folks.

    I just want to determine which CPU's are Supported by the mentioned Vaio. I was able to find out, that 2820QM, 2670QM and 2630QM are supported. 2820QM was via Thread here in the Forums, th other ones are Webfind and one of those directly equipped by Manufacture 2630Qm. I also tried to find CPUID's in a dumped R0242V4 BIOS, since nowhere on the web you can find a downloadable one. I only get about 5 or 6 CPUID's in it, which linked me to celerons and the 2820QM. Because there are more Quadcores out there that will fit G2 Socket, and diffenrent TDP's, i want to know which CPU's could fit, or if someone with or Experience can read out my dumped BIOS. Furthermore if it's possible that someone can add CPUID's to the dumped BIOS, so that other QM's will be sopported. As Bonus it would be great to know if Quadcores of the 3000'er Modells would fit, because of 22nm and lesser TDP's.

    Any Help would be appreciated and i'll try to respond in time.

    Ps.: the Bios was Dumped with "Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0", and the ID's were readed with "MCExtractor v1.52.6 r176", last one was a bit confusing in its Results, only 7 or 8 collmms were listed, one under each other.

    With kind regards - ToxSySone, an excuse my Spelling!
Link to G2 comaptible CPU's:

https://www.cpu-world.com/Sockets/Socket...988B).html


Attached Files
.zip   AmericanMegatrendsInc.-R0242V2.zip (Size: 987.92 KB / Downloads: 11)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)