Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14003
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424471
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3622
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 286
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 208
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 308
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224558
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119174
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6790
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 409
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309730
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61966
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 625
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20280
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169336
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6353
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 828
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5799

[SOLVED] Sony Vaio VGN-AR630e - Compatibility with T7800 or T9500?
#31
Hey! Sorry to revive the old thread, but I wanted to thank you for all the help! Last week I was finally, at LONG last, able to get together with my friend, and together we followed the instructions to the nose, and flashed the BIOS with no trouble at all! It went flawlessly, and the VAIO is now running Kizwan's modded AR-760U BIOS and a much faster T9500.

You've done far more than I could have ever hoped for, but I do have one last question if you have a moment. Is there any way you can check and tell me what other (if any) more powerful CPUs the modded BIOS would recognize. When I started this project forever ago, I picked the T9500 because I saw that the 700 series vaio used it, but when we did the upgrade last week I looked up other CPUs supported by Socket P, and sure enough, there were other processors in the lineup. Of course, I realize that even if the BIOS supported it, it'd need to be able to be kept cool by the VAIO's heatsink and fan, so I know I couldn't go too much further, but I can't help but be curious. I have that upgrading itch!

Here's what I know:

TDP: 35W

Original T7250 tJunction: 100C
Upgrade T9500 tJunction: 105C

The T9600, T9800, and T9900 all seem to have the same tJunction as the T9500, but I'm sure that doesn't meant they don't run hotter, especially since their bus speed is 1066 MHz instead of the 800MHz the T9500 has. Still, I'm curious to know your thoughts. Thanks in advance!
find
quote
#32
T9500 is maximum for this laptop.
find
quote
#33
(05-01-2018, 11:53 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: T9500 is maximum for this laptop.

Ok! Thanks so much for checking, and thanks again for all the help!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)