Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424174
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3560
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 223
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 254
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223828
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119104
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6741
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 356
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309527
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61906
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 569
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20223
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169161
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6267
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 772
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5739
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61119
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274956

[SOLVED] Xeon 771 Microcodes for Intel DG41RQ
#11
sng3
Read post #4.
find
quote
#12
(01-15-2018, 07:02 PM)andrewone Wrote: DeathBringer you make it! With your provided CHECKUP7 utility, the FreeDOS USB stick booted and informed me that BIOS is capable to support upgrade of Microcode, then it executed and now everything is working perfectly!

Thanks 1.000.000


Hi, I'm trying to upgrade Microcode with the CHECKUP7 utility and the FreeDOS USB stick but the USB doesn't want to start.
My motherboard is Intel DG41RQ and cpu Xeon X5460.

BIOS Version: RQG4110H.86A.0017.2011.0322.1523 (the last).

I also tried to enable "Boot USB Devices first", but the result is always the same.

I have attached some images with my bios settings.

I'm able to install Windows 7 Ultimate (x64), now I want to install Windows 10 Pro (x64),
but I have this error: CompareExchange128 missing.

I have to disable some settings in the bios?
Can you briefly describe a small guide on how to upgrade Microcode?

Thanks in advance


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
           
find
quote
#13
Use small capacity USB stick.
find
quote
#14
(01-15-2018, 04:03 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Make DOS USB-stick (e.g, by Rufus), download and unzip all files for the modded version of CHECKUP7 to this DOS USB-stick.
Install your Xeon, boot from this DOS USB-stick and make a photo of the screen with results.

Hey man! I know It's been a while, I just wanted to post here that your solution worked for a intel dg31pr motherboard with a Xeon x5450 that I bought from aliexpres premodded 771/775. Today I could install windows 10 with some trouble but everything seems to be working atm. I just wanted to thank you, and maybe ask if you know if it's possible to overclock my motherboard, but the main thing was to thank you and inform you that this worked for my motherboard
find
quote
#15
(04-03-2020, 01:49 AM)marsrider Wrote: I just wanted to thank you, and maybe ask if you know if it's possible to overclock my motherboard
Overclocking is offtopic here.
find
quote
#16
(11-27-2017, 01:24 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Make DOS USB-stick (e.g, by Rufus), download and unzip all files for the modded version of CHECKUP7 to this DOS USB-stick.
Install your X5460, boot from this DOS USB-stick and make a photo of the screen with results.

I was having issues with the xeon E5450 and didn't hope for much from using your modded version of checkup7 since in the readme it made no mention of the cpuid of 1067A or the E0 stepping SLBBM, however, it worked great even while not having the exact microcodes for the processor. The temp is still running high, at about 77c, about 5c less than before, but almost all other aspects are fine. Would it be possible to include the microcodes for the e5450 in a next update?
  • cpu1067A_plat44_ver00000A0E_2015-07-29_PRD_A3107D75

  • cpu1067A_platB1_ver00000A0E_2015-07-29_PRD_59BF808E
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)