Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6420
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14051
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424582
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3660
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 331
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 238
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 349
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224936
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119216
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 302
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6821
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 445
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309851
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62011
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 662
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20323
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169453
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6397
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 868

SONY VGN-N110G: Upgrading from T1350 to T2130 and limited BIOS
#1
SONY VGN-N110G (with 4gb RAM)
Intel Pentium T2130
Phoenix R0034J4 (11/15/2006) the website lists a different date, but it's their last BIOS :  http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=VGNN110G&upd_id=2690&os_group_id=10

I wanted to upgrade from T1350 to T2130 to have virtualization (as well as a performance boost) on my backup laptop.  After install the CPU, I learned that the Intel website was incorrect and it did not have VT-x.  When I was looking in BIOS for virtualization, I noticed it did not have IDE, RAID, AHCI or much of anything.

I looked for an upgrade on the SONY website but that was the last BIOS update and I couldn't not find another anywhere else.  I found instruction on how to modify Phoenix BIOS on MyDigitalLife, but it was dated 2009 and didn't know if it was relevant (http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...Bios-Files).

I want to learn how to modify, but don't know where to begin.  I also took pics of my motherboard as well as BIOS screens but couldn't load them on here for some reason.

THanks for any help
find
quote
#2
(04-09-2014, 03:31 PM)passeuli Wrote: SONY VGN-N110G (with 4gb RAM)
Intel Pentium T2130
Phoenix R0034J4 (11/15/2006) the website lists a different date, but it's their last BIOS : http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=VGNN110G&upd_id=2690&os_group_id=10

I wanted to upgrade from T1350 to T2130 to have virtualization (as well as a performance boost) on my backup laptop. After install the CPU, I learned that the Intel website was incorrect and it did not have VT-x. When I was looking in BIOS for virtualization, I noticed it did not have IDE, RAID, AHCI or much of anything.

I looked for an upgrade on the SONY website but that was the last BIOS update and I couldn't not find another anywhere else. I found instruction on how to modify Phoenix BIOS on MyDigitalLife, but it was dated 2009 and didn't know if it was relevant (http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...Bios-Files).

I want to learn how to modify, but don't know where to begin. I also took pics of my motherboard as well as BIOS screens but couldn't load them on here for some reason.

THanks for any help

Maybe you can test the newer version bios.
downloa link:
http://cn.driverscollection.com/_4329518...D%E8%B4%B9

find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)