Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 39
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424253
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3567
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 232
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 168
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 261
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223996
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119116
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 242
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6749
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 363
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309584
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61916
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 578
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20230
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169181
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6281
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 778
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5745
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61132

[Solved] Dell Optiplex 780 Quad-Core Support
#91
(05-21-2021, 01:02 PM)pengc99 Wrote: https://nextcloud.cloudspire.net/index.p...arc5J5JGzK
It's original BIOS. You haven't flashed my mod.
find
quote
#92
(05-21-2021, 01:37 PM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 01:02 PM)pengc99 Wrote: https://nextcloud.cloudspire.net/index.p...arc5J5JGzK
It's original BIOS. You haven't flashed my mod.

I found the problem, the machine is not flashing the BIOS on reboot. Every time I try to flash, it gives error "BIOS Update Failed! The firmware image failed one or more consistency checks."

I checked the checksums of the HDR file are good and tried many different ways to flash, including using Dell client configuration utility from old Windows 7 machine to generate an exe, and also using Linux and dellBiosUpdate program.

The machine is on A15, I will try to downgrade BIOS to older version and see if that works.

edit: I see your mod is labeled A15, so I think I am already on the correct revision. I will try flashing factory HDR and then modified HDR again.
find
quote
#93
I have determined that apparently this machine has Signed Firmware Updates option enabled, and will not accept modified firmware. I am looking for a solution to disable this feature.
find
quote
#94
Signed Firmware Updates cannot be disabled after it has been enabled. Luckily motherboards are $6 on eBay with shipping. After I purchased another motherboard, I made sure Signed Firmware Updates was not enabled and I was able to successfully flash the mod, and it is now running with a Q9550S. Thank you!
find
quote
#95
Hi everyone, I have bumped into this thread on the weekend and being an owner of an 780 USFF I have decided to try the 4c bios and I have ordered a Q9400.

The issue that I have is that the machine is now giving several errors at post (bios error / memory error / power error - seems to be kind of random), but it does boot some times to the OS (i would say 20% of the times) and when it boots the OS reports as the CPU being dual core.

Oddly enough the first time I have booted it showed the 4 cores but then it crashed watching a youtube video and since then it only reports 2 cores.

Do you think this could be a bios issue or is it rather a faulty CPU?

Thanks in advance for your help


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
               
find
quote
#96
Did you flashed my mod?
If you didn't then your message is offtopic here.
find
quote
#97
Hello DeathBringer

Thank you for replying.

Yes I did use your mod (V3) from the thread and I have used the linux method to flash.

Also, I did it twice just to be sure and on both ocasions I got a success message from the flashing tool.

For info, with my old CPU (Pentium E6700) the modded version works fine.
find
quote
#98
This motherboard has weak power subsystem.
Try to use CPU with TDP=65W.
find
quote
#99
Thank you. This could be the problem yes, but I assumed it would work since other users reported in the thread that they used a Q9400 and even a Q6600 with the USFF model.

Thank you for your help!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)