Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6358
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14009
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 110
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424484
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3625
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 291
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 211
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 314
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224597
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 277
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6792
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 417
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309742
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61970
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 627
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20282
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169349
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6355
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 832

Sony SZ670N
#1
- Manufacturer: Sony Vaio SZ 670N
- Bios revision: R0122S5
- Original bios download: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-dow...1&os_id=29
- RW Everything Report: http://www.box.com/s/pq6s3pq63o8o7f8vpb3x

Congrats for this forum!

I also have a request for you. Please unlock everything that can be unlocked, including TPM section and include SLIC 2.1. I'll be using Win7 Ultimate SP1.

I do not know what is to be modified, or if after unlocking I'll find the settings in the menus. Now i have 2Gb DDR2 PC5300/667Mhz CL5 and I want to upgrade to 4Gb PC6400/800Mhz CL4 memory. Lots of people found that is not working, because BIOS settings. Do you know if this problem can be resolved by unlocking? It can be tweaked from new unlocked BIOS?

The third problem is to enable VT (virtualization technology) and AHCI. Can I enable/disable this after unlocking? Otherwise i have to go through the guide from here (http://forum.notebookreview.com/sony/189...aptop.html). Not a problem, just asking.

Could you help me with whitelist for WWAN also please, or I'll do that after unlocking in separate section?

Thanks, Regards, Suriamon
find
quote
#2
(12-11-2011, 10:14 AM)suiramon Wrote: - Manufacturer: Sony Vaio SZ 670N
- Bios revision: R0122S5
- Original bios download: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-dow...1&os_id=29
- RW Everything Report: http://www.box.com/s/pq6s3pq63o8o7f8vpb3x

Congrats for this forum!

I also have a request for you. Please unlock everything that can be unlocked, including TPM section and include SLIC 2.1. I'll be using Win7 Ultimate SP1.

I do not know what is to be modified, or if after unlocking I'll find the settings in the menus. Now i have 2Gb DDR2 PC5300/667Mhz CL5 and I want to upgrade to 4Gb PC6400/800Mhz CL4 memory. Lots of people found that is not working, because BIOS settings. Do you know if this problem can be resolved by unlocking? It can be tweaked from new unlocked BIOS?

The third problem is to enable VT (virtualization technology) and AHCI. Can I enable/disable this after unlocking? Otherwise i have to go through the guide from here (http://forum.notebookreview.com/sony/189...aptop.html). Not a problem, just asking.

Could you help me with whitelist for WWAN also please, or I'll do that after unlocking in separate section?

Thanks, Regards, Suriamon

find
quote
#3
Please make sure its a phoenix bios ..... i cant extract the bios file from the exe to modify it .
let me knew if you are able to extract it .


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#4
(01-04-2012, 04:40 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: Please make sure its a phoenix bios ..... i cant extract the bios file from the exe to modify it .
let me knew if you are able to extract it .

It's a Phoenix for sure.

I've launched the .exe file and gone through the steps till 'upgrade', then found the temp directory for extracting files, in windows \users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\ and copy all files and archive them. You can find it in the link below. You can find there the R0122s5.wph file also.

Or, use this http://legroom.net/software/uniextract.

Is this .exe file more complex or why didn't work?

Thanks!

http://www.box.com/s/v5ju0dkef1p127tqj3r2
find
quote
#5
Ok , thats good i will modify it now .
For me , the exe haven't get me to the upgradr process or even haven't extracted the files anf just give me error as bios is not for my notebook.


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#6
(01-07-2012, 10:03 AM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: Ok , thats good i will modify it now .
For me , the exe haven't get me to the upgradr process or even haven't extracted the files anf just give me error as bios is not for my notebook.

Ok, got it.

One more info. On the memory upgrade problem. I've bought the Kingston khx6400s2ulk2/4g. The specs are at 4-4-4-12, so CL4 at 800Mhz. Somehow the laptop is working only at 4-5-5-15. It's not much in perf. gain, only 4-6% but if there is a way to unlock anything about this, please unlock it.

Thanks!
find
quote
#7
Any news? Can you do it? If not, please tell me so I don't wait.

Thanks!
find
quote
#8
Don't worry ,it will be ready ASAP. , I'm just busy in my exams .


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#9
(01-11-2012, 06:05 AM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: Don't worry ,it will be ready ASAP. , I'm just busy in my exams .

NP, when you have time. Good luck with your exams!
find
quote
#10
(01-11-2012, 06:07 AM)suiramon Wrote:
(01-11-2012, 06:05 AM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: Don't worry ,it will be ready ASAP. , I'm just busy in my exams .

NP, when you have time. Good luck with your exams!

Any news?

Thanks!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)