Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6373
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14013
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424510
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3628
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 298
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 215
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 318
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224653
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119179
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6795
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 420
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309761
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61977
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 632
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20288
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169391
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6361
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 836

Sony Vaio VGN-UX390N Unlocked hidden options & EIST Unlocked (Post: #5 & #18)
#11
VGN-UX58
I sent it to someone and upgraded it.
I didn't test it. My machine will be back soon, then I'll try it.
find
quote
#12
(06-03-2011, 03:44 AM)elunge Wrote: VGN-UX58
I sent it to someone and upgraded it.
I didn't test it. My machine will be back soon, then I'll try it.


Thank you very much.

Well, if i'm right, you sent yours to Anh of Micropctalk.
I know there are others who do CPU upgrade but he is the most popular.

I might try it on mine. We have identical bios and nearly identical vaio.

Will let you know if successful.
find
quote
#13
Aha, I'm waiting for EIST.
find
quote
#14
Elunge,

I hope you won't mind that I tried to load the modded bios on my ux, since UX57 & 58 have the same bios, but failed. Error code 149 (Bios update failed. Image file.......wph is either not valid or damage) kept on appearing on Winphlash. I tried flashing it on dos mode using Phlash16 but this is the error: "platform signature not found in interface" . What seems to be the problem? I'm hoping that the ram limit was also unlocked in your mod.

Thanks.
find
quote
#15
Maybe you should run WBFLASH.exe.
The bios must be updating from R0101N2 to R0112N2( replace R0112N2.WPH which the one moded)
find
quote
#16
Thanks. I'll try it. I'm hoping that it will work 'coz my bios is already upgraded to the original R0112N2.
find
quote
#17
Hi,

Sorry for the delay. The modified BIOS with EIST unlocked will be ready in this week.

If you use my modified BIOS image & you like it, please consider making a donation. Thank you very much. Smile
Donate Here
find
quote
#18
This is modified BIOS for Sony Vaio VGN-UX390N. It is based on BIOS R0112N2_slic2.1. Use at your own risk! If you flashed BIOS with this BIOS image, please take pictures some of the unlocked options & post it here.
Sony Vaio VGN-UX390N R0112N2_slic2.1 EIST MOD.rar
(MD5: E8B64726A1A8E1D5B1930E656133DC2C)

Changes:-
  • Unlocked sub-menus
  • Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology unlocked (for enabling dual-IDA mode using ThrottleStop)
    EDIT: (CORRECTION) The VGN-UX computer have Intel® 945GMS chipset. Unfortunately, this chipset doesn't support Intel Dynamic Acceleration (IDA). IDA only supported on Santa Rosa (PM965/GM965) & Montevina (GM45/PM45) platforms only, of course with supported processor.

(For the rest of the screenshots of the unlocked options/sub-menus, please go to post #5)
[Image: SonyVaioVGN-UXR0112N2_slic21EISTUnlockedMOD1.jpg]
[Image: SonyVaioVGN-UXR0112N2_slic21EISTUnlockedMOD2.jpg]

Quote:NOTES: Under "Workaround Control Sub-Menu", there are a lot of sub-menus. Please be careful with it. If your computer doesn't boot after changing something in the sub-menu, you will need to disconnect the CMOS/RTC battery to reset CMOS back to default. To do so, you will need to open your notebook casing.

Please make sure your notebook can recover corrupted BIOS with CRISIS disk before flashing BIOS with this modified BIOS image. I will not responsible for any problem. Good luck. Smile


If you use my modified BIOS image & you like it, please consider making a donation. Thank you very much. Smile
Donate Here
find
quote
#19
(06-13-2011, 11:53 AM)kizwan Wrote: Please make sure your notebook can recover corrupted BIOS with CRISIS disk before flashing BIOS with this modified BIOS image. I will not responsible for any problem. Good luck. Smile

Thank you very much! I' try it now. How to set bios for EIST?
find
quote
#20
You can use ThrottleStop in windows to enabled/disabled EIST. You can enabled dual-IDA mode. Your U7700 - 1.33 -> 1.46@x11 when dual-IDA mode enabled.

EDIT: (CORRECTION) The VGN-UX computer have Intel® 945GMS chipset. Unfortunately, this chipset doesn't support Intel Dynamic Acceleration (IDA). IDA only supported on Santa Rosa (PM965/GM965) & Montevina (GM45/PM45) platforms only, of course with supported processor.

If you use my modified BIOS image & you like it, please consider making a donation. Thank you very much. Smile
Donate Here
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)