Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 91
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424379
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3608
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 270
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 197
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 298
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224376
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119161
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 270
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6778
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 397
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309681
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61955
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 615
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20268
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169251
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6336
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 817
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5785
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61188

T430 BIOS dump and ME binaries?
#1
Is it possible to read the BIOS of this machine without a hardware chip? Is there a working backup tool?

I'm attempting to build coreboot and am having some issues getting the descriptor, gde, and ME binaries. Are those binaries signed to individual machines, or can I save myself some time and rip them from another T430 board I have lying around?
find
quote
#2
(05-22-2017, 04:39 PM)geokoder Wrote: Is it possible to read the BIOS of this machine without a hardware chip? Is there a working backup tool?

I'm attempting to build coreboot and am having some issues getting the descriptor, gde, and ME binaries. Are those binaries signed to individual machines, or can I save myself some time and rip them from another T430 board I have lying around?
Hi
you got a brick?
recovery bios - using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
find
quote
#3
(05-22-2017, 04:39 PM)geokoder Wrote: Is it possible to read the BIOS of this machine without a hardware chip? Is there a working backup tool?

I'm attempting to build coreboot and am having some issues getting the descriptor, gde, and ME binaries. Are those binaries signed to individual machines, or can I save myself some time and rip them from another T430 board I have lying around?

Flashrom, the non-vendor tool to read and flash firmware, does not work with T430 internally. The easiest way to read and write firmware is with a Raspberry Pi 3 ($35) and Ponoma SOIC 8 pin clip ($20). Ebay sells CH134a USB chip reader/writer for cheap but I haven't had any luck with the one I ordered.

The major variation on the T430 Motherboards is that some are Intel GPU only and others are Optimus (Intel + NVidia GPU). Besides that, there always could be slight variations and revisions; these variations could be enough to make official Lenovo firmware unusable on "sister" boards but, besides the NVidia chip, Coreboot shouldn't have any issues dealing with these variations.

I'm also trying to get Coreboot to work. I have been able to get Coreboot up and running with the Intel GPU only but haven't had any luck getting any video from the NVidia GPU. Below are Dropbox links to various useful files like firmware dumps and Coreboot builds:

T430_Optimus_Combined_Unmodified.bin

T430_Optimus_ME_Cleaned_Combined.bin
T430_Optimus_Extracted_GBE.bin
T430_Optimus_Extracted_Descriptor_Shrunk.bin
T430_Optimus_Extracted_ME_Disabled_Shrunk.bin
T430_Optimus_Coreboot_Seabios_Text.bin
T430_Optimus_Coreboot_Seabios_Text.config
T430_Optimus_Coreboot_Seabios_VGA.bin
T430_Optimus_Coreboot_Seabios_VGA.config

Please keep in mind that the Coreboot images are a WIP. The T430 Coreboot binaries probably will work on non-Optimus motherboards.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)