Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Today 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 32
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Yesterday 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 95
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Yesterday 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1221751
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Yesterday 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118846
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 127
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6616
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 224
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308836
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61672
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 419
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20059
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168726
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6100
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 636
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5594
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60879
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274771
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 747
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24715
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 694620

T430 will not flash bios
#1
Hello, 

My T430 will not update BIOS, currently running 1.16 (first version Bios). 

Originally, tried updating with Lenovo Vantage app. When the computer restarts, it boots as normal with no BIOS updating screen. 

I have tried the standalone app from Lenovo's website, and the result is the same. 

I have tried several app versions from 1.17 to the newest. 

I have tried the 'Lenovo System Update' app. 

I have tried using the bootable .iso from Lenovo via a USB Key with Ventoy

Once with the bootable USB method I saw 'Flashing Embedded Controller. Do Not Poweroff' screen upon startup. It flickered for one second and then the screen turned black with power light ring on for 5-10 minutes before booting normally. There was no change to the bios. Subsequent attempts of this method did not produce the same result, just booting as normal. 

I don't have a CD burner to actually burn the image to a disc, if that would make any difference, but I doubt it at this point. I am trying to get one. 

I am running Windows 10. I have turned off fast startup. I have tried all methods booting in Legacy Bios mode and UEFI. I have tried the bootable USB with hard drive removed. 

Attached is a screenshot of "winuptp.txt" which I assume is a log from the Lenovo firmware flash software. It says the flash was completed successfully. 

I am potentially starting to suspect a hardware error. Since this PC is still not he very first BIOS version, perhaps the flash function never worked at all. 

I am an electronic technician in my day job, but mostly work with analog and early digital electronics, not computers. If I could buy the BIOS chip and flash it externally, then solder it in, I may try that if it could potentially fix the issue. Is there anywhere I could see what chips are used for the BIOS prior to opening up my PC? 

Any thoughts or tips are appreciated. My original goal was to run 1vyRain to use a new Wi-Fi card, but am now just trying to get the Bios update to work first. 

I also noticed the EC version is 1.13, but the EC distributed with 1.16 BIOS should be 1.07.

When I bought this computer, it had a 3rd party battery in it, and a stick from a refurbisher. I wonder if they did something to lock the bios flash? Is this possible?

I tried updating to EC 1.14 (the latest version), but it also did not work. Stuck at 1.13.

Thanks,


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)