Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6363
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14009
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 111
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424493
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3626
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 291
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 212
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 314
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224612
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119177
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6792
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 417
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309744
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61972
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 628
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20285
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169365
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6355
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 832

TYAN S2912 2 CPU six core
#11
No I haven't tried 5.0 with 2435. But I can try. Tyan added Istambul support from 5.0 so I think only this version can be considered.

Krzysztof
find
quote
#12
Try versions without Istambul support. For example: S2912_v400
It's S2912WG2NR with simple VRM.
find
quote
#13
I just checked. With BIOS 5.0 behavior is the same. Post codes 86-87-FF
find
quote
#14
Ok, I investigated further BIOS story for my server. Seems to be different BIOSes for servers with the board and board itself

for my server B2912 the highest BIOS is ver 4.0 with no Istambul support. I think its the same bios what you gave me a link

http://www.tyan.com/support_download_bio....GT24B2912

and indeed after loading this BIOS 2435 is not recognized and post 86-87-FF

for B2912-E the highest BIOS is ver 5.0

http://www.tyan.com/support_download_bio...T24B2912-E

and it works with one 2435. For board itself the highest is 5.01 and it also works with one 2435. Always the same post codes.

http://www.tyan.com/support_download_bio...=S.S2912-E

so it looks that ISTAMBUL is supported just by one CPU socket as boys which have S2912E have the same problem or ??

Krzysztof
find
quote
#15
Please flash BIOS 5.01 and make two strange experiments: 2435(CPU1)+2378(CPU2) and 2378(CPU1)+2435(CPU2).
I need POST codes.
find
quote
#16
in both cases it was 86-87 and hanging at 87. I double checked my 2435s and during post for both says opteron 2435 2600MHZ so the same. I have to leave house now, will be back in few hours. So maybe it don't recognize 2435 from 2CPU socket as post codes are the same ??
find
quote
#17
(05-15-2016, 08:25 AM)krzysiaczek99 Wrote: I double checked my 2435s and during post for both says opteron 2435 2600MHZ so the same.
I don't understand you. On the screen?
Have you installed HTX Riser Card? Try to boot two 2435 without it.
find
quote
#18
When it posts it show processor model so I double checked if i have exact the same 2435s (by swapping them in CPU1 socket) and yes, they are the same. HTX connector is empty.
find
quote
#19
I think it's hardware problem. Different motherboards based on NVIDIA nForce Professional 3600 chipset have the same problem. Only newest revision of these motherboards can boot two six-core CPUs.
find
quote
#20
sounds bad, for sure this board is old. Anyway I will send mail to TYAN and ask about it. Maybe they will answer...
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)