Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424195
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3563
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 226
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 256
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223901
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119108
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6743
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 358
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309547
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61908
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 571
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20227
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169168
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6272
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 774
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5742
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61123

[Test, sp54724] HP Dv6-6140us F.21 bios
#1
Can this Insyde f.21 BIOS be unlocked and if so, what additional options will be available? I can't access very much now, only delay of boot, boot options, passwords, and that's about it.

The download link from HP:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54724.exe

find
quote
#2
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe

I wait your news.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#3
(10-23-2011, 05:13 PM)camiloml Wrote: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe

I wait your news.
It doesn't work, says BIOS update failed.

find
quote
#4
Now do your homework and read the stickys before talking bull....

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#5
(10-23-2011, 05:47 PM)camiloml Wrote: Now do your homework and read the stickys before talking bull....

I have no idea what you mean. I read the stickys and they don't help. I tried the file you posted, it extracted and started to run. It looked just like when I updated with the HP file, then it rebooted and went to the updating screen, counted down and then said System Bios update failed, rebooted again and I still have the one I had. I tried it three times.
find
quote
#6
Remove hptools partition before flashing. It's said in the sticky threads.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#7
(10-23-2011, 06:10 PM)camiloml Wrote: Remove hptools partition before flashing. It's said in the sticky threads.
I don't have any such partition. Do you mean the Recovery Partition?

find
quote
#8
Hmmm, don't know if your "Recovery" partition is your hptools partition or the D2D recovery partition. Or if it is both at the same time. So is up to you if you decide to remove it to try the mod.

Personally i would not do it and would give up in modding the bios, i always say this about RSA signed ones. That's why in the stickys you read it, and i ask to explicit tell, that you know & accept the risks, in the request.

If you have the option on boot time to "reformat and reinstall" your windows SO with a click and no DVDroms then it can be D2D partition.

Your choice now Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#9
(10-24-2011, 07:30 AM)camiloml Wrote: Hmmm, don't know if your "Recovery" partition is your hptools partition or the D2D recovery partition. Or if it is both at the same time. So is up to you if you decide to remove it to try the mod.

Personally i would not do it and would give up in modding the bios, i always say this about RSA signed ones. That's why in the stickys you read it, and i ask to explicit tell, that you know & accept the risks, in the request.

If you have the option on boot time to "reformat and reinstall" your windows SO with a click and no DVDroms then it can be D2D partition.

Your choice now Wink
I don't know what D2D means but I did discover the HP_TOOLS partition by right clicking on Computer, then on Manage, and then Disk Management. It's a small 99mb FAT partition. I'm running Win 7 Home Edition 64 bit so I guess things are a little different.
I have however decided to leave things as they are after reading in other threads how people have had problems with HP laptops trying to mod the BIOS. I have no desire to have to open the thing up and play with the battery (which I don't even know how to get to). I thank you for trying and I'm sorry if I wasted your time.

find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)