Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
M2N32-SLI Deluxe AM3 Support Request
Last Post: Alxstroi
Yesterday 11:08 PM
» Replies: 105
» Views: 71404
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 10:51 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 6604
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-30 (A7CNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: carmelletomato
Yesterday 07:29 PM
» Replies: 46
» Views: 22094
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:04 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 41032
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Yesterday 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 108
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317297
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Yesterday 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101110
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Yesterday 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2526
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Yesterday 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 344
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Yesterday 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55353
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64147
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4106
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
03-27-2024 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 153
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
03-27-2024 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 104
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52238
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167373
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 245
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 338
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 153
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 138

Toshiba A135-S4467
Hello Suspense_Lover,

Correct. Upgrading to the latest BIOS version will not add AHCI support. I would recommend going through the procedure in which you listed above. Install the driver from a bootable USB flashdrive.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
(08-17-2014, 09:36 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello Suspense_Lover,

Correct. Upgrading to the latest BIOS version will not add AHCI support. I would recommend going through the procedure in which you listed above. Install the driver from a bootable USB flashdrive.

~Steven

That's just it, finding the correct exe I need to run which I think is why I failed earlier, bu probably more so because I was "loading" them from the load driver thing in the discs which may not have actually installed them so when I did the reset and the initializing for the first time thing came up, there were no "proper" drivers for the drive.

Could you maybe help me find the drivers I would need to use the drive I have ?
find
I will do what I can, but I cannot guarantee that I will be able to solve the issue.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
(08-17-2014, 09:49 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: I will do what I can, but I cannot guarantee that I will be able to solve the issue.

Somethings better than nothing so thx... someone on another site also suggested I try a regular copy of vista since I guess toshiba modifies what they have.

Here's what he said but I always seem to get infected torrents.

Quote:You might want to try downloading a .torrent of Vista if you have a fast connection. "Normal" Vista shouldn't have the bad driver on it.

I'd like to try the driver thing first, but like I said... the issue is finding the "right" driver.

Actually, what about a compatibility mode since AHCI isn't available... here's a quote from someone else on another site.

Quote:Goto BIOS. Enable AHCI, IDE, and/or "Compatibility mode" - or whatever's closest to that in peripherals/storage/boot page. Save, exit, install Windows.
find
Hello Suspense_Lover,

I will look for other options that could be set to potentially fix this issue. There may be an "IDE Mode" or other compatibility mode that is not set that is outside of AHCI.

www find
(08-17-2014, 10:13 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello Suspense_Lover,

I will look for other options that could be set to potentially fix this issue. There may be an "IDE Mode" or other compatibility mode that is not set that is outside of AHCI.

Sounds good, at this point it looks like I might have to try a Vista unmodified torrent. I used the USB boot, tried to run an exe for drivers but got some invalid command thing.

So unless you can find some sort of setting, it looks like a unmodified vista copy will b my only chance. Dont see how a normal copy is diff from he toshiba discs though that would allow the "normal" copy to work.
find
Hello Suspense_Lover,

BIOS-Mods.com does not condone the sale or distribution of pirated software.
I cannot offer any further assistance with the Vista torrent. I am not trying to accuse you of anything, but I have to make this point clear as per bios-mods rules.

I will continue to offer assistance for the driver issue though.

~Steven

www find
(08-17-2014, 10:38 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello Suspense_Lover,

BIOS-Mods.com does not condone the sale or distribution of pirated software.
I cannot offer any further assistance with the Vista torrent. I am not trying to accuse you of anything, but I have to make this point clear as per bios-mods rules.

I will continue to offer assistance for the driver issue though.

~Steven

My bad and ty.
find
If you recall, I made a USB boot drive with a post I found here. Well, I deleted the partition / formatted it etc. But it's now being seen like it's a disk drive and not removable any more, like it was before it twas made in to a USB boot.

How can I undo that so the drive is seen as removable again ?

Hope I made sense but here's a pic to try and help...

Edit: I used a smaller 2Gb drive for the boot that I found and want to reclaim this one as "removable" if I can.

Ty.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

find
Hello Suspense_Lover,

That is odd...

I have a teacher who's flashdrive was incorrectly programmed at the factory. It shows up as a "local disk."

I am not sure how to fix that issue. The only things I could think of to cause that are:

1. The drive was incorrectly programmed (firmware issue). - This does not apply as the drive used to be "removable."
2. You have a corrupted driver file. - If any of these three are correct, the issue is likely this one.
3. Something is wrong with the flashdrive file system.

www find