Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14006
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424480
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3623
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 288
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 209
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 309
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224570
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 275
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6791
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 411
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309737
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61967
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20281
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169342
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 829
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5800

Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q860 BIOS update Invalid Opcode
#1
I was attempting to update the BIOS for my Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q860. I upgraded the processor to the i7-920XM and installed 16gb ofG. Skill RAM, then was having an issue where it would randomly crash after a few minutes in windows 10 or opening a program. I've read that it can happen when the processor attempts to tubo boost with the voltage locked for an i5-430m. I have the Toshiba BIOS version 2.90 and the same setup as the person in this thread here. https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...d-bios-mod

I followed the BIOS update guide on this site using the PH1614 program on a USB DOS boot drive. I also tried Ahmed's guide here and still no dice. https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-H...GINAL-BIOS I renamed the wph file to Bios.wph for ease of use. I am not sure if that might be the problem? I am receiving an Invalid Opcode at 0013 0000 0296 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0000 0000 7F00 00. I thought I bricked my system, but was able to pull the CMOS battery and restart as it was dead and even hitting the power button did nothing. The second time I tried it had no issues restarting. What am I doing wrong?
find
quote
#2
I messed around a bit to attempt to figure out what is going on. I tried winphlash as a last resort. It also won't update the bios. It says Image verification failed, Error code 142, required device of platform function is not present.
find
quote
#3
I solved the problem. I followed Ahmed's instructions in this thread using Phlash17 with this command: ph161700 /x /FORCE /O /C /S bios.wph. It flashed without issue and I now have the custom Bios working perfectly!

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/archive/...010-2.html
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)