Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 39
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424257
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3568
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 233
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 168
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 261
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224010
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119117
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 242
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6750
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 364
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309584
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61916
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 579
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20232
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169182
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6284
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 779
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5746
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61134

Toshiba Satellite A105-S2236
#1
Hello again to the BIOS gurus here @BIOS-Mods. I'm hoping that someone here can possibly unlock the attached bios file. This old notebook just doesn't want to cooperate with me. It is constantly overheating. (Yes, I've cleaned the unit and PROPERLY re-applied thermal paste to both the CPU and GPU) A re-format from the original recovery disk has also been done (Vista Home BasicSad ) It seems like the more I read about toshiba laptops, the more I find out about their overheating issues. I am hopeful that someone can edit this bios to allow for some acpi fan control. If not.....this thing is a bullet catcher. Thank in advance guys/gals.

Aaron


.rom   sepv560.rom (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 8)
find
quote
#2
Hi,

Turning up the FAN speed is not the right way for dealing overheating. May I know what brand of the thermal paste have you tried & currently use. I know Arctic MX-4 perform poorly on notebook computer. BTW, which is overheating, the CPU or GPU or both? I recommend getting Shin-Etsu or ICD7 or AS5 thermal paste. ICD7 required under pressure (heatsink pressing on the CPU) to perform best. Shin-Etsu thermal paste is the best of three. I have use it on my laptop. My laptop use to overheating with CPU temperature up to 100C but now max temperature is 74C. If GPU is overheating, the heatsink probably doesn't properly touch the GPU chip. See if there is a gap between the heatsink & GPU chip. If there is a gap, you'll need to put a copper plate between the heatsink & GPU chip. This process is called "copper shims". You can find copper shims on ebay.

I have gone through this many time. I also already re-applied thermal paste many time but it doesn't help at all. I got it fixed when I found the right thermal paste for my notebook.

If you use my modified BIOS image & you like it, please consider making a donation. Thank you very much. Smile
Donate Here
find
quote
#3
Kizwan, I am not certain as to the brand of the thermal paste as I got it @ the local radio shack store. I am pretty certain that it is the GPU that is overheating. so, I'll start there.....also with the copper shims. Thank you for your reply. Aaron
find
quote
#4
FIXED IT!!! I figured if it wanted to run hot.....I just took out the battery and plugged it in, and saw how long it could stay on when on the grill. even gave it a coating of BBQ sauce! Aaron
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)