Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6402
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14038
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 137
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424546
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3653
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 323
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 342
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224766
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119204
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6815
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 437
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309809
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62000
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 655
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20313
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169425
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6385
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 860

Toshiba Satellite L850-1L8 BIOS bricked, need key recovery flash startup combination
#1
Hi,

So I was building a hackintosh of my Toshiba Satellite L850. Noticed I needed to change something in the bios so I downloaded Donovans (on this forum) really nice and well unlocked bios mod of the newest available bios version which is 6.80.  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Bios is: InsydeH2O rev 3.7

Cause
I got stingy and went in the modded well flashed bios a couple of days later and tweaked the system a bit further. This time I decided to turn of some unharmfull options (VT-d, etc) but also to turn on internal graphics card and this is where I messed up. I should've Googled first if that was a wise thing because will doing that I also max'd the maximum dedicated RAM for the internal graphics card (1024 MB) and now the system does not boot. No screen, no normal fan speed, 1 LED on, the fan speed in some kind of extremely low survival mode and restarting after a couple of minutes and continues this process. No beep sounds, no screen on, not even a sightliest sign or response that it's still knowing what the machine itself is doing. 

Recovery Attempts
  1. - Bios jumper (jrst2501) reset without succes 
  2. - Connecting external screen without succes
  3. - Used Andy Bios recovery tool to get the recovery filename. It came back that I had to rename it to FX64.f? That seemed odd with that questionmark as a file extension name (had to use Linux to change the filename with a questionmark as extention). However I tried both ways. Copied the single .fd/.f? file to a FAT formatted USB. Tried to flash it with FN + B and a couple of other combinations like FN + ESC. Even tried Windowskey + ESC. Nothing worked, no responses. Tried the same with the recovery filename as FX64.fd. without succes
Tried all these recovery options with the battery taken out, charger taken out, SSD, Memory taken out, CMD taken out and mixed it up all kinds of ways to see if it would do something different but nothing changed.  Not a single flash on the USB that gives me the sign of being atleast touched seen or known it's plugged in.

I don't know what I am doing wrong. Either I have the wrong key combinations to flash, or the machine is really fully bricked. 

Been Googling for days now and it seems that almost everyone can escape this problem once ended up with but only the Toshiba's of the L850 series same to be impossible or atleast, no one has manage to rescue their machine. I could buy a new PLC on AliXpress for around 30 to 80 euro's max but I rather invest that in a new machine if I'm really F*cked.  Sad Confused

Does anybody have a gold solution for me? I'd be even more happy! Smile 

Ps. Whish I just left the BIOS since I had OSX High Sierra and Windows 7 Pro dual boot running.
find
quote
#2
use windkey+F, it worked for my l655; but I couldnt flash because the usb wasnt flashing :'(
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)