Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14007
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 108
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424480
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3624
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 288
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 209
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 311
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224574
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 275
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6791
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 413
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309739
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61968
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20281
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169343
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 829
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5800

Trouble finding BIOS for Gateway MT6459.
#1
Hello,

I'd like to modify the BIOS for a Gateway MT6459 by adding SLIC 2.1 data to the BIOS. I have Andy's (I think) Phoenix Tool v2.66, which I think can do the job. I just can't seem to find a copy of the BIOS to modify. I've tried using WinPhlash (various versions) to dumb the BIOS. The 64-bit versions (latest I tried was 1.0.76) all error out with the same error message:

Image file %s is either not valid or is damaged. Platform Signature not found in the interface. Error code: -103. Google doesn't seem to provide me with much help.

The 32-bit versions seem to error out with a message about the driver being blocked. I turned off DEP protection for the 32-bit versions but it doesn't help. Also, I'm running all the programs as administrator and I'm currently running Windows 7 64-bit. I believe this is because they're 32-bit programs and might not work with the 64-bit version of Windows?

My understanding was, because WinPhlash seems to require a .WPH file to just backup the BIOS, I could use any WPH file, to backup the current BIOS. I downloaded the BIOS for an MT6450 and am using that .WPH file to try and dump the BIOS on this machine.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I can post the ACPI tables if needed (by running RwEverything and then saving and uploading them here). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
find
quote
#2
(02-25-2016, 07:11 PM)Spork Schivago Wrote: Hello,

I'd like to modify the BIOS for a Gateway MT6459 by adding SLIC 2.1 data to the BIOS. I have Andy's (I think) Phoenix Tool v2.66, which I think can do the job. I just can't seem to find a copy of the BIOS to modify. I've tried using WinPhlash (various versions) to dumb the BIOS. The 64-bit versions (latest I tried was 1.0.76) all error out with the same error message:

Image file %s is either not valid or is damaged. Platform Signature not found in the interface. Error code: -103. Google doesn't seem to provide me with much help.

The 32-bit versions seem to error out with a message about the driver being blocked. I turned off DEP protection for the 32-bit versions but it doesn't help. Also, I'm running all the programs as administrator and I'm currently running Windows 7 64-bit. I believe this is because they're 32-bit programs and might not work with the 64-bit version of Windows?

My understanding was, because WinPhlash seems to require a .WPH file to just backup the BIOS, I could use any WPH file, to backup the current BIOS. I downloaded the BIOS for an MT6450 and am using that .WPH file to try and dump the BIOS on this machine.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I can post the ACPI tables if needed (by running RwEverything and then saving and uploading them here). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

I wanted to say Gateway doesn't seem to list this product at all. I can't seem to find it via serial number or product number. Makes things a bit frustrating. Also, the current BIOS version is 84.08. Thanks!
find
quote
#3
I have successfully (I think) extracted the BIOS by booting off a Windows 7 32-bit disc and using the 32-bit WinPhlash program. However, I cannot seem to mod it using Phoenix Tools. It errors out about one of the modules being 4-bytes too long. I have an RwEverything report. Is there anyway I could upload the file and someone could try modding it for me? I just want the SLIC 2.1 data (probably from Acer because I can't find one for Gateway) put in the BIOS. Thanks!

**EDIT -- I was successful. I first had to mod the BIOS to use the Toshiba SLIC v2.1 data. Then I flashed it, reran RWEverything to generate a new ACPI Tables report. I then was able to inject the Acer SLIC V2.1 data. I did get a message saying Pubkey in MOD_4A00.ROM does NOT match certificate (x1). I played with some advanced settings, remodded the BIOS, flashed it, and I was successfully able to pre-activate. Thanks!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)