Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6400
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14015
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 115
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424545
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3629
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 322
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 236
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 341
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224742
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119201
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6813
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 436
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309802
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62000
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 633
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20312
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169421
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6383
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 859

[UPDATE] HELP! How to Re-Flash BIOS ASUS X407UA
#1
Sad 
Hello guys!

My laptop is an ASUS X407UA. I updated the BIOS not checking carefully that the BIOS file that I downloaded from ASUS website was for an ASUS X407UAR.

I didn't notice that the wrong BIOS was flashed since the laptop booted fine after the update, but things started to get weird once I booted to Windows. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth radios were not working and I was receiving error messages from Windows 10. I checked "System Information" and confirmed that the laptop model changed to X407UAR. It boggles me that the ASUS installer allowed for the BIOS file to be flashed even if it was for another model.

So I tried searching for solutions on how can I re-flash the correct BIOS file into my laptop.

I tried using WinFlash 3.2.10, running it with /nodate and /force. Selected the correct BIOS file and Update button was enabled. The only problem was when I try to click Update, it works for at least 5 seconds and returns an error that the "BIOS File is not valid.". I tried re-downloading the BIOS file but still the same error.

Next, I tried using ASUS EZ Flash Utility 3.0 but every time I will select the correct BIOS file it tells me that the "Selected file is not a proper BIOS!". I've read somewhere that typing the word r i s k y would allow the error to be bypassed but it didn't work for me.

Then I tried using the holding CTRL + Home then Power On method that I've also read somewhere. Put the correct BIOS with different file names into a FAT32 formatted flash drive. I tried X407UAAS.304, X407UAAS.BIN, X407UAR-AS.304, X407UAR-AS.BIN, AMIBOOT.ROM but nothing worked. It seems like the laptop is not finding the correct file that it needs.


Is there any other method that I can try to re-flash the correct BIOS? I'm willing to try anything even if with a BIOS programmer if that's the only thing that will work.

I hope you guys can help me out. Thank you so much.
find
quote
#2
Hi guys!

So, I managed to get a CH341A Mini Programmer and try flashing the BIOS downloaded from ASUS' support website but I encountered a problem. 

I compared the BIOS backup file I made using the programmer and the BIOS file from ASUS using UEFITool and this is what I found. The BIOS file  contains only the BIOS region and not the whole BIOS. Please see images below.

BIOS BACKUP
[Image: UEFITool-BIOSBackup.png]


BIOS FROM ASUS WEBSITE
[Image: UEFITool-BIOSfrom-ASUS.png]

I want to replace the BIOS region of the BIOS backup with the file I downloaded from ASUS but I don't know how to edit BIOS files.

Can someone help me out? Really really want to make this work. Thanks again.

Here is the link to the BIOS files:
ASUS X407UA BIOS
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)