Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6369
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14010
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424499
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3626
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 295
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 212
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 315
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224630
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119179
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6793
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 418
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309748
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61975
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 630
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20286
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169379
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6357
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 833

Unlock Advanced Options in Lenovo B450 BIOS
#11
(03-04-2014, 04:12 PM)fjfc Wrote: I'll try to manually enable vt-x for you with a mod and will edit here with the link...

EDIT

Can't be done using the original BIOS...

Can you DUMP your BIOS for me and link it? there are several tools and tutos on web on how to do this....
Also, was this tab Configurations in the BIOS already before the mod? was it working?

Configuration tab was present even before the flashing, after the flashing it is not working. A new tab is added (Advanced).

I have created a BIOS dump using 'BIOS Backup Toolkit V2.0'. Please find the attachment.


Attached Files
.rom   LENOVO-1DCN26WW.rom (Size: 2 MB / Downloads: 31)
find
quote
#12
(03-04-2014, 10:53 PM)fjfc Wrote: Hey donovan, this version you linked is 0.3

Lol, how'd I do that? Just fixed it. It has the same URL, so you can get it from the previous post Big Grin
find
quote
#13
(03-04-2014, 10:11 PM)donovan6000 Wrote:
(03-04-2014, 05:34 PM)BDMaster Wrote: It is in Advanced CPU Control (sub-menu) if not appear it's hidden so unlock and will be visible !
Setting: VT Support, Variable: 0x1AF [1] default (It's enabled by default)
Option: Enabled, Value: 0x1
Option: Disabled, Value: 0x0

Into bios backup You will find this register 0x1AF and if it's = 0 then is disabled !

regards

Hey BDMaster. Sorry I haven't been online in a while. Nice to see this forums staying busy! Big Grin

So for IFR, I use the C programming language notation to indicate the size in bytes of the variable storage, [size in bytes]. Unfortunately EFI's IFR doesn't indicate the default value like UEFI's does. So for this setting:
Code:
Setting: VT Support, Variable: 0x1AF [1]
It's variable storage is located at offset 0x1AF at it takes up 1 bytes Tongue

The notation Universal IFR Extractor uses is:
Code:
Anything in parentheses, (), is additional information
Anything in brackets, [], is the size in bytes
Anything in braces, {}, is code

And incase you didn't notice, I got version 0.5 uploaded Big Grin

I am very happy to see You (I think U very busy or studing), I am exsausting to follow this carousel.
Thanks for your expanation as Always You arrive to help me ! (guardian angel)
Ok now I mean it clearly.

WOW !!!!! U're the Best ! It recognize EFI - UEFI remember form got IFR.txt and get right folder to write it !!! MASTERPIECE !

regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#14
BIOS Menu Structure (Before and After)

Normal BIOS Menu System
--------------
Information -> Product Name, BIOS Version, KBC Version, Lenovo SN, UUID Number, CPU, System Memory, Hard Disk
Configuration -> System Time, System Date, Wireless, SATA Controller Mode
Security -> Set Administrator Password, Set Hard Disk Password
Boot -> ... (List of Devices)
Exit -> Exit Saving Changes, Exit Discarding Changes, Discard Changes, Save Changes, Load Setup Defaults


After Flashing
--------------
Information -> Product Name, BIOS Version, KBC Version, Lenovo SN, UUID Number, CPU, System Memory, Hard Disk
Configuration -> System restarting when I move to Configuration
Advanced -> Legacy USB Support, SATA Controller Mode
Security -> Set Administrator Password, Set Hard Disk Password
Boot -> ... (List of Devices)
Exit -> Exit Saving Changes, Exit Discarding Changes, Discard Changes, Save Changes, Load Setup Defaults

Please help me to enable VT-X. I need to enable it in order to install Windows 8 guest on Oracle Virtual Box.
find
quote
#15
(03-05-2014, 07:11 AM)NirmalRajmohan Wrote: BIOS Menu Structure (Before and After)

Normal BIOS Menu System
--------------
Information -> Product Name, BIOS Version, KBC Version, Lenovo SN, UUID Number, CPU, System Memory, Hard Disk
Configuration -> System Time, System Date, Wireless, SATA Controller Mode
Security -> Set Administrator Password, Set Hard Disk Password
Boot -> ... (List of Devices)
Exit -> Exit Saving Changes, Exit Discarding Changes, Discard Changes, Save Changes, Load Setup Defaults


After Flashing
--------------
Information -> Product Name, BIOS Version, KBC Version, Lenovo SN, UUID Number, CPU, System Memory, Hard Disk
Configuration -> System restarting when I move to Configuration
Advanced -> Legacy USB Support, SATA Controller Mode
Security -> Set Administrator Password, Set Hard Disk Password
Boot -> ... (List of Devices)
Exit -> Exit Saving Changes, Exit Discarding Changes, Discard Changes, Save Changes, Load Setup Defaults

Please help me to enable VT-X. I need to enable it in order to install Windows 8 guest on Oracle Virtual Box.

Ok friend, try this one:
https://hostr.co/PA8WBWgmTqrI

report.

<div style="background-color: #f9f9f9">
http://felipejfc.com
</div>
find
quote
#16
I tried it, same issue Sad

I got a new menu 'Advanced' which contains Legacy USB Support and SATA Controller Mode. If I try to open 'Configuration' system is restarting.

I really appreciate your time fjfc.
find
quote
#17
(03-05-2014, 12:10 PM)NirmalRajmohan Wrote: I tried it, same issue Sad

I got a new menu 'Advanced' which contains Legacy USB Support and SATA Controller Mode. If I try to open 'Configuration' system is restarting.

I really appreciate your time fjfc.

Have you tried navigating on BIOS tabs with numbers keys? on My notebook if i press "5" jey it navigates to the fifth tab, baybe you can try to go to advanced tab this way?

report.

p.s. I already asked for my friend BDMaster to help on your case.

<div style="background-color: #f9f9f9">
http://felipejfc.com
</div>
find
quote
#18
(03-05-2014, 12:35 PM)fjfc Wrote: Have you tried navigating on BIOS tabs with numbers keys? on My notebook if i press "5" jey it navigates to the fifth tab, baybe you can try to go to advanced tab this way?

report.

p.s. I already asked for my friend BDMaster to help on your case.

I can navigate to Advanced tab, but it only contains Legacy USB Support, SATA Controller Mode. 'SATA Controller Mode' is already present in the Configuration tab before the flash. After the flashing I can use the arrow keys to navigate to 'Configuration' tab but as soon as I reach there, system is restarting.
find
quote
#19
yeat a new approach, try this:

https://hostr.co/e38FTrIaDMFn

<div style="background-color: #f9f9f9">
http://felipejfc.com
</div>
find
quote
#20
(03-05-2014, 05:36 PM)fjfc Wrote: yeat a new approach, try this:

https://hostr.co/e38FTrIaDMFn

No luck! Sad

'Security' tab is missing now, some characters from the help text is missing in 'Information' tab.

Normal BIOS Menu System
--------------
Information -> Product Name, BIOS Version, KBC Version, Lenovo SN, UUID Number, CPU, System Memory, Hard Disk
Configuration -> System Time, System Date, Wireless, SATA Controller Mode
Security -> Set Administrator Password, Set Hard Disk Password
Boot -> ... (List of Devices)
Exit -> Exit Saving Changes, Exit Discarding Changes, Discard Changes, Save Changes, Load Setup Defaults

After Flashing
--------------
Information -> Product Name, BIOS Version, KBC Version, Lenovo SN, UUID Number, CPU, System Memory, Hard Disk
Configuration -> System Time, System Date, Wireless, SATA Controller Mode
Boot -> ... (List of Devices)
Exit -> Exit Saving Changes, Exit Discarding Changes, Discard Changes, Save Changes, Load Setup Defaults

fjfc, it seems that we can enable VT-x by changing some variables in the BIOS (I am not an expert Shy ) BDMaster also mentioned something like that.

If you want I can reload my orginal BIOS and dump it for you.

I have reloaded my BIOS.
Please find the attached Dump (Tool : Insydeflash.exe)


Attached Files
.rom   OrginalDump.rom (Size: 2 MB / Downloads: 12)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)