Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-30 (A7CNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: carmelletomato
Today 07:29 PM
» Replies: 46
» Views: 22046
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Today 06:04 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 40987
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: k24a1
Today 05:28 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 6578
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Today 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 91
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317155
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101080
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2525
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 339
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55329
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64134
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4102
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 148
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 99
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52220
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167264
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 240
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 331
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 147
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 131
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6334

[Unlocked] ASUS m4a78lt-m Motherboard (OEM: ASUS CG1330)
So, i bought a complete from ASUS.
OEM Mobo is M4a78lt-m

I go on to the ASUS website and download their version of AFUDOS and the most recent version of the bios, and create the good old 98 dos boot USB.

I was getting tons of errors thrown at me by AFUDOS. I couldn't find much in the way of DOCS for that version of AFUDOS, everyone says /pnbc /n or /p /n /c /x etc. but my version of afudos didn't like any of those options.

Well AFUDOS always told me that the rom id was wrong, since i didn't have a command list... i just started trying them... if your scared go to church yah know?

AND SHAZAAM
AFUDOS /iBIOS.ROM /n

was my winning ticket.

Fully unlocked and customizable BIOS on my OEM

HOWEVER

Whenever the PC starts AMI says
ENTER SETUP TO RECOVER BIOS SETTINGS.
F1 TO ENTER SETUP
F2 TO LOAD DEFAULT.

If i load default, everything works great but what is the [censored] point of that.

HERE IS THE KICKER

If i enter setup, and change NOTHING, even if i say, LOAD DEFAULTS and then save and exit, since bios settings have been "changed" the computer restarts instead of booting.... And then, as you may recall

F1 TO ENTER SETUP
F2 TO LOAD DEFAULT.

If i load default, everything works great but what is the [censored] point of that.

HERE IS THE KICKER

If i enter setup, and change NOTHING, even if i say, LOAD DEFAULTS and then save and exit, since bios settings have been "changed" the computer restarts instead of booting.... And then, as you may recall.................

(Rage (Anger)
(For(int x = 1; x < 0; x++)
(Anger ++)
))
Excuse the syntax of my infinite rage loop.
(01-07-2012, 02:53 PM)greens Wrote: So, i bought a complete from ASUS.
OEM Mobo is M4a78lt-m

I go on to the ASUS website and download their version of AFUDOS and the most recent version of the bios, and create the good old 98 dos boot USB.

I was getting tons of errors thrown at me by AFUDOS. I couldn't find much in the way of DOCS for that version of AFUDOS, everyone says /pnbc /n or /p /n /c /x etc. but my version of afudos didn't like any of those options.

Well AFUDOS always told me that the rom id was wrong, since i didn't have a command list... i just started trying them... if your scared go to church yah know?

AND SHAZAAM
AFUDOS /iBIOS.ROM /n

was my winning ticket.

HOWEVER

F1 TO ENTER SETUP
F2 TO LOAD DEFAULT.

HERE IS THE KICKER

If i enter setup, and change NOTHING, even if i say, LOAD DEFAULTS and then save and exit, since bios settings have been "changed" the computer restarts instead of booting.... And then, as you may recall

F1 TO ENTER SETUP
F2 TO LOAD DEFAULT.

HERE IS THE KICKER

If i enter setup, and change NOTHING, even if i say, LOAD DEFAULTS and then save and exit, since bios settings have been "changed" the computer restarts instead of booting.... And then, as you may recall.................

(Rage (Anger)
(Anger ++)
))

SOLVED
OK so i guess the flash i did was incomplete, i don't know what all the p n b c stuff EXACTLY means, but what i did was so easy.

Since i did get the bios flashed somewhat, the Board was recognized not as OEM but as the retail version, since i couldn't even boot to dos (Because if i changed boot priority it wouldn't save) I used the built in Ez flash. THIS TIME it accepted the new bios because it thought that it was for my mobo (even tho i have the OEM mobo)

So my partial flash was enough to convince EZ-Flash to do a complete flash with that bios.

I now have a Phenom ii x6 that went from 2.6ghz to 2.9 ghz.

Stress testing it now and i appear to have zero change in heat generation.
I *may* push it slightly farther but i am using a modified stock cooler so it isn't exactly the best.

IN SUMMARY
buy this computer
ASUS CG1330
download the bios and AFUDOS for M4a78LT-m from ASUS's support page.
Using a 98 dos boot pen drive with the AFUDOS and a simply named bios file boot to doss and type, AFUDOS /iBIOS.ROM /n
It will flash but not completely.
Then on restart go into your bios, go to tools and select the e-z flash utility.
Then navigate to your pen drive, and select the same bios you just flashed, and have EZ flash re flash the bios.

THEN YOU WILL HAVE A TOTALLY UNLOCKED MOBO!!

So far windows has not flagged me as invalid.
Nor have i lost any functionality as far as i can tell.
I use a boosted wifi setup, but it looks as tho my LAN is still functioning, at least it is still recognized by the bios and windows...

WOOT

find
Wonderful work Greens, this has been added to our confirmed unlock section. We appreciate your contribution.

Warm Regards,
TheWiz
www find
Also, did you check to see if this is the same BIOS that has already been in our database:

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Un...tio-CM1630

TheWiz
www find
OEM Mobo is M4a78lt-m

AND SHAZAAM
AFUDOS /iBIOS.ROM /n

was my winning ticket.

HOWEVER

F1 TO ENTER SETUP
F2 TO LOAD DEFAULT.

HERE IS THE KICKER

F1 TO ENTER SETUP
F2 TO LOAD DEFAULT.

HERE IS THE KICKER

(Rage (Anger)
(Anger ++)
))
OEM Mobo is M4a78lt-m

AND SHAZAAM
AFUDOS /iBIOS.ROM /n

was my winning ticket.

HOWEVER

F1 TO ENTER SETUP
F2 TO LOAD DEFAULT.

HERE IS THE KICKER

F1 TO ENTER SETUP
F2 TO LOAD DEFAULT.

HERE IS THE KICKER

(Rage (Anger)
(Anger ++)
))

SOLVED
OK so i guess the flash i did was incomplete, i don't know what all the p n b c stuff EXACTLY means, but what i did was so easy.

Since i did get the bios flashed somewhat, the Board was recognized not as OEM but as the retail version, since i couldn't even boot to dos (Because if i changed boot priority it wouldn't save) I used the built in Ez flash. THIS TIME it accepted the new bios because it thought that it was for my mobo (even tho i have the OEM mobo)

So my partial flash was enough to convince EZ-Flash to do a complete flash with that bios.

I now have a Phenom ii x6 that went from 2.6ghz to 2.9 ghz.

Stress testing it now and i appear to have zero change in heat generation.
I *may* push it slightly farther but i am using a modified stock cooler so it isn't exactly the best.

IN SUMMARY
buy this computer
ASUS CG1330
download the bios and AFUDOS for M4a78LT-m from ASUS's support page.
Using a 98 dos boot pen drive with the AFUDOS and a simply named bios file boot to doss and type, AFUDOS /iBIOS.ROM /n
It will flash but not completely.
Then on restart go into your bios, go to tools and select the e-z flash utility.
Then navigate to your pen drive, and select the same bios you just flashed, and have EZ flash re flash the bios.

THEN YOU WILL HAVE A TOTALLY UNLOCKED MOBO!!

So far windows has not flagged me as invalid.
Nor have i lost any functionality as far as i can tell.
I use a boosted wifi setup, but it looks as tho my LAN is still functioning, at least it is still recognized by the bios and windows...

WOOT

You are my freakin HERO!! Been waiting to try this myself. Bought 16GB of RIPSAW memory, need better control via BIOS, not to mention better overclocking capability. With proper water cooling, this chip should overclock to 3.5GHz. What is your version of AFUDOS??
Thanks!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASUS CG1330 AMD Phenom II 1035T, ASUS M4A78LT-M Mobo
find
I tried the above technique. I could not get it to work.

Created bootable USB drive.
Booted and ran the following from the command prompt:

AFUDOS /iBIOS.ROM /n

AFUDOS aborts and displays:

'ROM file ROMID is not compatible with existing BIOS ROMID'.

My AFUDOS version is 2.41
Problem Solved.

I downloaded and used AFUDOS 2.27.
Booted from USB drive

AFUDOS /iBIOS.ROM /n where BIOS.ROM is the BIOS file

Flashed it, rebooted and all is well.
BIOS updated, no problems with Windows activation, no problems with on board LAN.

Life is good! Big Grin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASUS CG1330 AMD Phenom II 1035T, ASUS M4A78LT-M Mobo
find
Hi All,
This is my first post, so sorry if I'm doing this incorrectly...
I've tried the above method and had the same problems:
'ROM file ROMID is not compatible with existing BIOS ROMID' using AFUDOS 2.41.
I can't seem to find AFUDOS 2.27.
Does anyone have this, or is there another version that can be used?
Thank you all for your help! Big Grin
find
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to do all these steps unlock the mobo, but this thing is thing is very stubborn. I tried everything and nothing works still getting the INCOMPATIBLE message... I tried AFUDOS 2.41, 2.38, 2.21 through MSDOS boot - nothing happens, still getting the message on incompatible ROMID with existing ROMID. I downloaded numerous bios update files and some are even incompatible (note: all those files were downloaded from ASUS website according to my type of mobo M4A78LT-M. On top of that i downloaded a file from a post here saying it is modified for unlocking the features and all that and STILL NOTHING! I tried all these files through the E-Z Flash from BIOS and getting the same message.

Is there anyway to make it work? Or am I doing something wrong? Please help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

find