Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
ASROCK A520M-HVS
Last Post: pcbird
Today 11:18 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 232
Unlock pci-e 4.0 on my mobo
Today 11:06 AM
» Views: 45
insane ideas [q170 -> h110,b250,z370 cro...
Today 11:02 AM
» Views: 348
uefi mod for mac pro 1.1/21. support xeo...
Last Post: victorgbrmrr
Today 10:10 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 33
[Request] Asus H110M-R Mainboard - Xeon ...
Last Post: Brutoloco
Today 09:32 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 1304
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 09:25 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 199
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 (HEE...
Last Post: MANIANA18
Today 07:20 AM
» Replies: 120
» Views: 21981
ASUS R1F CPU upgrade
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 12:22 AM
» Views: 137
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15 (8ACNxx...
Last Post: psycomaffo
Yesterday 10:36 AM
» Replies: 69
» Views: 26115
Request for Modded BIOS with AI Tweaker ...
Last Post: CertifiedCosmos
04-17-2024 05:04 PM
» Views: 127
Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e GPU Whitelist re...
Last Post: saschalein
04-17-2024 03:23 PM
» Views: 113
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15ARR (7WC...
Last Post: nadolivbios
04-17-2024 01:26 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 6209
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: sanya.silitskiy
04-17-2024 11:52 AM
» Replies: 73
» Views: 220077
[REQUEST] 13w Yoga Gen 2 (Type 82YR) (KB...
Last Post: SiberianTiger97
04-17-2024 09:48 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 192
Acer Extensa 5620: CPU replace
Last Post: MPM
04-17-2024 08:28 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 175
[REQUEST] Sony Vaio VPCEH & VPCEJ series...
Last Post: nrns
04-16-2024 08:08 PM
» Replies: 232
» Views: 98735
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-16-2024 02:35 PM
» Replies: 103
» Views: 24106
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
04-16-2024 07:29 AM
» Replies: 847
» Views: 324556
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
04-16-2024 07:28 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 1047
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad P14s 3rd Gen 1...
04-16-2024 07:26 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 334

Unlocked BIOS request for MSI GE73 Raider RGB 8RE
I flashed the new file you posted. This time I saw both "Access level: user" and "Access level: administrator" as well as the total memory and memory frequency. So if you changed it to just one or the other, it's probably not working. Do you need any other info, or is what we have enough to go on?

Thanks!

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy.....and ideas are bulletproof".
www find
I left what I changed earlier, and enabled two Access Level entries, so sounds correct, and as I expected, which shouldn't be possible, badly setup, both access levels user/super enabled at once. The "One or the other" thing should have only happened with the total memory and memory freq, you should have only seen one or the other of those. The access level you should see both, but both should say same, I see they've put in textual answer for each, but enabled neither by default. Lazy or bad BIOS engineering, pick one Big Grin

You can see that memory info in the "System Information" submenu anyway, correct? I'll assume so, and remove it now, if not, show me an image of that page so I can enable anything missing, if it's important to you (Should/can show all kinds of stuff in there, see image below) Never mind, I'll leave it, I see it's not in this list on the submenu
[Image: 0EYSzk9.png]

Thanks for testing, it didn't help me figure anything needed out, but if we do run into issue with setting still hidden later at least I know "Either" will work instead of one or the other, so I guess in a way there's my answer Big Grin

On Boot menu, Boot Mode Select option, do you have two choices or three
find
Sorry about yesterday, I work all day Sundays so cant post. I can see my memory in System Info, but not memory frequency. It reads as:

Memory Information
Memory 1 : 8192 MB (DDR4)
Memory 2 : 8192 MB (DDR4)

On boot menu, boot mode select option, I have 3 choices, but they are already there as part of the stock unmodded BIOS:

UEFI with CSM
Legacy
UEFI

Any more info needed? If not we can proceed with the mod.

Thanks!

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy.....and ideas are bulletproof".
www find
No problem, I'm behind a lot too, so if I miss a day please forgive me as well Big Grin
Thanks for confirming all the above info, yes we can move forward now and get to the modding Big Grin

If you don't mind, please add an image of the system info page, so I can see what your missing there, if anything.
And, while we're there, send a new image of exit page, the one you sent before only shows me your keyboard Big Grin
find
OK, here is a link to a zip that has screens of the system info and exit pages:

https://mega.nz/#!lwgHSIrb!uAeLvJCg-Gc9v...kWt1AzVBVw

www find
Thanks, here you go - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...7880158207

If any of the new submenus inside Advanced are empty let me know and I will further unhide.
You can compare what you see in BIOS vs what you see in AMIBCP 5.02.0023 or 5.02.0031, if anything missing let me know

*** This BIOS is user specific, if you are not Enigma83 don't use this BIOS
Or you will loose your board specific details (serial, UUID, possibly LAN MAC ID, windows activations etc) - You have been warned!! ***

If you need mod BIOS, send me your FPT dump, or let me know and we can test flashing mod stock BIOS via M-Flash
find
I haven't been able to test the BIOS this morning due to work the past few days. I did flash it and it looks fine. I found 2 empty menus:

https://mega.nz/#!Ft5gzQoI!K7CYD_ACiaRoA...z4sIBYGLXk

The empty menus are highlighted in white, and I have named the JPGs accordingly.

However, I have a request for an additional mod, if it is possible. It has to do with the visibility or invisibility of certain boot options, depending on which boot mode is selected. I did not request this at first, because I thought the unlocked BIOS might fix this behavior, but no. On my other Sager NP9876 laptop, for which I also requested an unlocked BIOS on this forum, getting the BIOS unlocked resulted in both UEFI and legacy entries being shown in the boot menu, as long as CSM is also enabled in BIOS and Secure Boot is off. Example on my MSI:

1. UEFI selected, only UEFI boot entries are shown, this is expected behavior
2. Legacy selected, only legacy boot entries are selected, this is also expected behavior
3. UEFI with CSM selected, I can only see UEFI entries in the boot menu, but legacy options are not visible, even if they are internal drives. I boot Windows 10 and all my Linux OSes in legacy mode, but I do sometimes boot in UEFI for internal/external media.

It is just a hassle to have to constantly get in the BIOS to change options every time I want to boot a legacy or UEFI media.

I would like to be able to see both UEFI and legacy entries in the boot menu when UEFI with CSM is selected.

So, in UEFI, only UEFI entries should be visible, for both internal/external media.

In legacy, only legacy entries should be visible, for both internal/external media.

In UEFI with CSM, both legacy/UEFI entries should be visible, for both internal/external media.

I access my BIOS with the Delete key on my NumPad, and the boot options menu with F11. To clarify, when I say "boot options menu", I mean the one that is accessed with F11, as well as the Boot tab in the BIOS. I would like to see both UEFI/legacy entries in both those areas when UEFI With CSM is enabled, as well as for "Hard Disk Drive BBS Priorities" and "Network Drive BBS Priorities".

As it is now I can boot legacy OSes when legacy is selected, but not when UEFI with CSM is selected.

Here is a link to some additional screens:

https://mega.nz/#!gsAnBQIR!fnIl5AAaBg389...BB5o3QFYb0

With UEFI with CSM selected, only UEFI entries are shown in the Fixed Boot Order Priorities.

With UEFI selected, only UEFI entries are shown in the Fixed Boot Order Priorities.

With legacy selected, only legacy entries are shown in the Fixed Boot Order Priorities.

In the Advanced tab, in the CSM Config menu, there is a Boot Option Filter setting, but putting it with "UEFI and Legacy" still results in only UEFI entries being shown.

If possible, can you also add a "Setup" or "BIOS" button in the boot menu that takes you straight into BIOS without the Delete key?

If this is possible, please let me know. Hopefully it isn't too much work. You are doing alot, and I intend to donate a bigger amount than usual if you can accomodate, as well as a smaller one next month. I live on a limited SSI govt income, the cost for the MSI was almost unaffordable.

Thanks again!

www find
You're welcome! Thanks for the info and missing menu images, I'll check that out and enable for you further.

As for your request, usually things you mention are enabled/disabled for a reason = not compatible with each other, thus disabled or enabled when other item is enabled/disabled. However, yes, some BIOS may display things differently, but the incompatible choices would still be incompatible whether you can see or select them or not anyway. However, I assume I can force anything to be visible any time, but depending on how this BIOS is coded (not settings, but actual controlling code), what you want may not work on this system in that same way as the other.

I cannot pick or choose when something is enabled based on another setting, unless it's initially setup that way, then I could easily toggle that to be on or off, but since it's not by default I can only make it hard visible always or leave as-is default visible.

To make this even more difficult, what you want set this way, is not a numbered thing in the BIOS settings. Device1, 2, 3, etc whatever drives you have installed are not shown that way, there's only one entry and it expands as you populate it. However, I think if I force it to be always visible by default this will make all drives always visible to you, but you may not be able to boot with them. I think this is solely due to the setting directly below Boot Option filter, where you can set which roms for Networks, storage, GFX etc, and those only have hard Legacy or UEFI choices

So, all I can do really is force both UEFI Hard Disk Drive BBS Priorities + Hard Disk Drive BBS Priorities to be visible at all times (Same for network disk drive too if that is what you need). But, I think, even with both types enabled for each, you'll only be able to move one device to the top of the Fixed boot list at any given time, and then would still need to adjust whichever you want to be at the top of Fixed Boot Priorities each time as the main boot drive. It's hard to explain what I mean, especially due to this odd layout of two "boot priority" menu types. I'm used to this, as I'm sure you may be by now too. Drive BBS and then Fixed boot device too when it's same/same, both needing same device at top of list to be boot device - should be all one setting=boot priority list and be done with it Big Grin

Display setup menu is an empty placeholder, I didn't enable this directly, only that main root menu (SA), so I'll hide that now since it's not hidden by default
External GFX Card Primary Display Configuration = fixed

And now that we've discussed and further unlocked graphics options, be warned, do not change display/graphics settings at all unless you have a flash programmer and SOIC8 test clip cable in your hand and have already made a full backup with your programmer and had someone verify that it's a complete and valid BIOS so you can recover from black screen. Changing these settings often leads to black screen and you have to either blind flash to recover or use programmer. Most laptops are not physically setup to be able to switch graphics, disable or enable one or the other etc.

Show me an image of your F11 boot menu, I've never had anyone request editing this, so I'm not sure if that is possible or not.
Here is BIOS with changes mentioned, let me know if the BBS options work better for you this way or not.
http://www.filedropper.com/biosregmf3e

While they are appreciated, donations are up to you, I do not see them or get any benefit from that, they help this site only
I can't imagine how much this system costs, it looked fancy when I went to grab the stock BIOS Big Grin

Save yourself some hassle, worry, and headache and order a CH341A + SOIC8 test clip w/ cable now on ebay (less than $7 shipped for all).
It's best to order now and have later if needed, then need and have to order by force then wait the 3-5 weeks for delivery.
The long shipping time is reflected by the cheap price, however you can order closer to you or from sellers that ship faster etc,
These are examples of what you need, you can order anywhere, even places like Amazon or Newegg have them for more $$ and faster shipping
https://www.ebay.com/itm/201316582787
https://www.ebay.com/itm/382486015977
find