Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Today 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 72
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Today 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 86
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Yesterday 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 147
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Yesterday 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1222198
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Yesterday 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118909
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 163
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6648
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 271
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308972
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61756
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 466
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20109
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168836
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6143
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 668
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5626
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60943
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274814
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 782
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24738

[Unlocked, CL50145A] Acer Aspire 7720G
#1
Hello! It was a while since I last visited this forum and now I see that there was some progress made unlocking InsydeH20 BIOS Smile
I have Acer Aspire 7720G and if possible I would like to know is there some hidden menus in my BIOS regarding Intel Speedstep, fan regulation, well any hidden menu would be interesting to see Smile

Here are the pictures of the original BIOS and download link.
Aspire 7720G 1.45 BIOS

               

Thanks in advance!
find
quote
#2
This form structure is new to me, if you want to be my ginea pig i will try to make some mods on it and we can discover if it's possible to unhide the items. Just need to know you agree to be beta tester Smile

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#3
I'm all for beta testing, I just hope I won't mess up my notebook Smile
If there's a problem unlocking hidden menus (if they even exist at all) see if you can just disable Speedstep, that's my main reason for this request.

On the other hand, if it's possible to access some kind of advanced menu (thermal throtling maybe), bring it on my friend Smile
find
quote
#4
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe

Well, this one should have EIST unlocked and, if all was like i suppose in my mind, some new menus and options will be available. Test it and tell me Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#5
You got some skillz! Flashed it and it worked from the start!

Below are pictures of some new menus. As you can see, the "Information" screen looks the same,
and all the headers are like they used to be, but when you switch to the "Main" screen the "Advanced" header shows up at the end.
You can't really switch to it like it would seem since all of the advanced options are listed under "Main" screen, as soon as you switch to another screen, "Advanced" dissappeares.

The only thing that's bugging me is still Speedstep, I don't know if it's disabled and there is no menu regarding CPU control so I can't be sure. I will try to flash the original BIOS tomorrow and test it with CPU-Z, but from the looks of things I don't see much difference regarding EIST.

Are there some other options you can try out or is this the max you can do (some kind of CPU control menu, thermal throtling, fan control)? Either way, I will donate for this, thank you for your efforts!

                   
A few more pictures...

                   
find
quote
#6
Hmmmm so the advanced tab is not reachable, interesting Smile

Looking your new screenshots i think i guessed why, this evening when i have some more time will try to move the advanced menu from the tabs bar to where all new menus are now and hopefully can be selectable. There're more options into it that can be interesting you.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#7
I can't wait to see! So exciting times! Big Grin
find
quote
#8
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe

Try this Smile

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#9
Will try it first thing in the morning, graveyard shift first Smile
find
quote
#10
Ok, tomorrow we will know if it works as expected Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)