Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6528
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
Yesterday 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 133
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308269
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61547
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 309
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 19947
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168443
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 5976
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 521
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5477
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60736
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274673
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 651
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24619
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 693755
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 174016
HP DV6-6031er WiFi White list
Last Post: NVTNovo
09-16-2026 09:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 925
HP15BA030 BIOS Freischalten für Advanced...
Last Post: Andyowl
09-16-2026 01:35 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 511
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH0...
Last Post: Silver Pegasus
09-16-2026 09:53 AM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 59544
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire V5-572(P,G) BIOS U...
Last Post: Majestik
09-15-2026 03:01 PM
» Replies: 42
» Views: 43068

[Unlocked] HP Pavilion DV6-2173CL
#1
If anyone has any spare time, I'm working on a friends laptop and I've never seen a locked bios so badly. Can someone unlock this bios for me? Its a HP Pavilion DV6-2173CL. If there is any more information needed, please let me know. More than anything, I've never seen a laptop where you can't disable hyperthreading before. Ridiculous that you have zero control over a product you rightfully own & the manufacturer chooses to treat its customers like children. Very frustrating.

BIOS URL: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48501-49000/sp48953.exe

[Image: IMG_20120112_111506.jpg]

find
quote
#2
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#3
(01-12-2012, 01:23 PM)camiloml Wrote: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe

You sir are a lifesaver. Thanks a ton! Is there a way for me to move this into the "Unlocked Insyde BIOSes" section?

Thanks,

-NetEngineer10
find
quote
#4
Thanks for confirming,



Moved to unlocked /mod

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#5
(01-12-2012, 03:23 PM)camiloml Wrote: Thanks for confirming,



Moved to unlocked /mod

Hi, I'm new to this forum and BIOS modding in general. I realize this thread is almost a year old but this is the exact same make and model laptop I am using. It has Insyde bios version F.1A, but I'm not sure how to find out the "spXXXX" number. Where can I find that? I've read through some other threads here and I thought my version was sp54024 until I found this thread and now I'm confused. Don't want to brick my laptop.

Also, this file you've linked to here, does it remove the whitelist or just unlock advanced features. The only reason I want to dink with it is so that I can remove this crappy Intel wireless-N1000 card and upgrade to a 6230. Thanks for your help.
find
quote
#6
**EDIT**
I found my answer. I went and searched HP's BIOS downloads and found that I do in fact need the sp48953. I also realized that the one you linked to is not the one I need, but I did find it under the Whitelist section. Here's the catch: I run Linux. I do have Windows 7 installed on a virtual machine but as far as I know it has no access to the mobo or BIOS from within VMware. Is there a way to flash this from a flash disk without using Windows? And what are the dangers of doing all of this? Thanks
find
quote
#7
I have the same question as above. I have an intel 5300 wifi card that apparently is not whitelisted, so I get error 104. Will this bios unlock the wifi card?
Thanks!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)