Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 91
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424379
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3608
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 270
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 197
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 298
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224377
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119161
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 270
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6778
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 397
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309681
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61955
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 615
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20268
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169252
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6336
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 817
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5785
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61188

Update HP pavilion g6-2220sf BIOs : safe to use another board model?
#1
Hello,

I'm having some problems with the fans of an HP pavilion g6-2220sf BIOS (mother board 188F, Insyde BIOS F.12 (08/29/2012)) : they are always turning at full speed. I tried everything I have in mind (like reseting the bios to factory, modify the EC registers, installing Cool'n'quiet, disable the Bios option "Fans always On"), except one thing: update the BIOS.

So here it is. I tried to download the files from the HP website (you need to select Windows 8, Windows 8.1 does not have any bios update). Because Windows was not installed on my system (since, I installed it back just to update the BIOS), I used 7z to extract the .exe. Inside I found a list of .exe and .dll, and two .bin:

- 01847F2A.bin
- 0188DF2A.BIN

However, if I read the name correctly, this corresponds to the BIOS F.2A of the mother boards 1847 and 188D. But mine is 188F, and I cannot find any other website to download the good bios for 188F. I tried to feed the UEFI Bios included flash software with these two .bin, but it did not work, and for now on Windows I don't see any error... But I'm afraid to brick my BIOS if I use these files (and because I don't even have a copy of my BIOS (is it even possible to do ?) I'm still more afraid to try that).

What do you think? I'm quite new to BIOS hacks, but any advice, any technical information to explain me why it would (or would not) work, or even alternative "mods" would be really appreciated!

Thank you!
find
quote
#2
I finally updated the tools with the HP program. The flash was done without any trouble, but unfortunately the fan problem has not been solved, and the bios looks exactly the same... If someone has another version of the BIOS that is supposed to solve the fan always on trouble, please let me know!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)