Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN515-56 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 07:25 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 871
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 03:52 AM
» Replies: 1972
» Views: 661251
[Request] Acer Aspire Z1620 (h61h aio v1...
Last Post: spingernexx
Yesterday 06:09 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 119
[REQUEST] Lenovo G505 (82CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: khaos
Yesterday 04:15 PM
» Replies: 155
» Views: 55141
Asus Prime b250m plus, RAM compatibility
Last Post: Slayery777
Yesterday 06:23 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 125
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Request Clevo W230...
Last Post: happycrazyman
04-23-2024 03:53 PM
» Views: 104
Rog Strix B650E-F BIOS File Extraction
Last Post: panmetrix24
04-23-2024 11:25 AM
» Views: 121
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Pipo89
04-23-2024 06:47 AM
» Replies: 236
» Views: 69584
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN517-41 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: onetapxdf
04-23-2024 03:37 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 1348
[REQUEST] Lenovo G400S (7BCNxxWW) Whitel...
04-23-2024 03:14 AM
» Replies: 203
» Views: 70564
[REQUEST] Lenovo V570(c) (44CNxxWW) BIOS...
Last Post: d3m3n7r
04-22-2024 05:20 PM
» Replies: 18
» Views: 11160
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y520-15IKBN (4KCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: ati90
04-22-2024 05:02 AM
» Replies: 64
» Views: 36997
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: SteamTug
04-22-2024 04:24 AM
» Replies: 1734
» Views: 545566
[REQUEST] Lenovo G410 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
04-22-2024 03:58 AM
» Replies: 53
» Views: 10787
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Last Post: Brutoloco
04-21-2024 08:22 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 558
[REQUEST] LG GRAM 14T990 Unlock request
Last Post: riclausk
04-21-2024 12:15 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 4246
[REQUEST] SLIC 2.1 for ASRock 880GM-LE F...
Last Post: amijim
04-21-2024 10:27 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 133
[REQUEST] Dell Alienware 15 R3 BIOS Unlo...
Last Post: jason.exe
04-21-2024 03:44 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 187
[REQUEST] Samsung NP450R5G unlock hide s...
Last Post: magg
04-21-2024 12:54 AM
» Views: 198
lenovo e595 20nf bios spw unlock
Last Post: vsteez
04-20-2024 07:56 PM
» Views: 186

Updating Gigabyte Z370XP SLI BIOS
I currently have the F4 version of the BIOS, which runs fine, although it isn't compatible with Intel Optane Memory, and wasn't until the F7 version, so because I paid for the Optane (albeit not much) I want to update the BIOS to be compatible with it. I went to the Gigabyte website for support for the motherboard, downloaded the latest BIOS version F8, put it on a flash drive, restarted my computer, and attempted updating the BIOS, and then my computer wouldn't boot. Got the "ROM image is not loaded, ROM image update denied" error in the BIOS. Tried loading Windows anyway and got the error "Your PC ran into a problem. Stop code: inaccessible boot device." So ended up having to clear all the computer's partitions and re-load Windows, re-install all my programs and games, etc.

Next I tried using Gigabyte's @BIOS program in Windows and updating the BIOS from the Gigabyte server, in case I was doing something wrong when I tried to do it from the flash drive. It seemed to auto-detect my motherboard and latest version of the BIOS fine, and it seemed to download from the server fine, although I eventually got the error, "The OEM ID is not correct!" and am now stumped.
find
Please slow down Smile Now, don't use @BIOS anymore.

If you have issue trying to flash anymore, stop there and ask for specific help with the issue/error, otherwise if you keep trying incorrect things you are going to kill your motherboard BIOS and need to purchase tools to recover it.

Also, do not reinstall windows again either, this was not needed, you only needed to correct BIOS sata settings almost certainly.

Please download CPU-z and show motherboard tab, so we can see exactly what board and BIOS is flashed in there now, in case it's incorrect BIOS for your motherboard. This happens, sometimes from factory, other times after using @BIOS. So please verify on your motherboard PCB that you have Z370XP SLI motherboard and then lets see in CPU-z motherboard tab what motherboard and BIOS it says. On CPU-z, you can use the installer version (Setup), or run it from folder via the .zip version (After extraction)
https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

When you say you put BIOS on USB, restarted computer and attempted to update the BIOS, what were you using/how were you doing that? In DOS, or in the BIOS? You can update from USB directly from within the BIOS, this is the suggested method. You must extract the BIOS file from the exe/zip that you download first.

Flashing from within the BIOS is suggested unless they specify you need to update with @BIOS for certain reason between BIOS version, which they do not on any of the BIOS shown, and in those cases you can and still should then use DOS instead with EFIFlash they send with BIOS update.
find
(09-05-2018, 12:06 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Please slow down Smile  Now, don't use @BIOS anymore.  

If you have issue trying to flash anymore, stop there and ask for specific help with the issue/error, otherwise if you keep trying incorrect things you are going to kill your motherboard BIOS and need to purchase tools to recover it.

Also, do not reinstall windows again either, this was not needed, you only needed to correct BIOS sata settings almost certainly.

Please download CPU-z and show motherboard tab, so we can see exactly what board and BIOS is flashed in there now, in case it's incorrect BIOS for your motherboard.  This happens, sometimes from factory, other times after using @BIOS.  So please verify on your motherboard PCB that you have Z370XP SLI motherboard and then lets see in CPU-z motherboard tab what motherboard and BIOS it says.  On CPU-z, you can use the installer version (Setup), or run it from folder via the .zip version (After extraction)
https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

When you say you put BIOS on USB, restarted computer and attempted to update the BIOS, what were you using/how were you doing that?  In DOS, or in the BIOS?  You can update from USB directly from within the BIOS, this is the suggested method.  You must extract the BIOS file from the exe/zip that you download first.  

Flashing from within the BIOS is suggested unless they specify you need to update with @BIOS for certain reason between BIOS version, which they do not on any of the BIOS shown, and in those cases you can and still should then use DOS instead with EFIFlash they send with BIOS update.

Thanks.

[Image: se80p2.jpg]

When I put the BIOS on USB and attempted updating the BIOS, it was from the BIOS, not DOS.
find
Thanks, you are on correct BIOS if that is what your actual motherboard is, which I assume you know or checked to be sure.

What file did you put on USB, was it the extracted BIOS file (370XPSLI.F8)? Please try again, put on root folder of FAT32 formatted USB stick, smaller the better for the USB, and connect in the rear of the board to USB Port under (In same block) as the LAN

If you get error, please hit F12 key so it saves an image of the error, then post here so I can see what it's exact wording is, thanks

Before you do this, check your current BIOS SATA settings, what mode you have the drive in AHCI/RAID or IDE etc. Once done flashing you should load optimized defaults, and then go back to the SATA setting and set exactly the same as you have now. This is what caused error before that made you think you needed to reinstall windows, SATA Setting was different so you get boot device error. Sometimes you may need to boot back to the BIOS after that and move your main system drive back to the top of the hard disk boot order (BBS) list.
find
Yes, it was the extracted BIOS file on the USB. Before I try again, could you please help me navigate to my current BIOS SATA settings? It wasn't completely clear to me, as I didn't notice a reference to the drive mode (AHCI/RAID or IDE). Want to make sure I document and load the correct setting(s) upon making another attempt.

[Image: nx1fu1.jpg]
find
OK, in the image you show, "Hard Drive BBS Priorities" this is your "Which hard drive is allowed in the list to be booted first" type setting, sometimes you may need to go in there and enable/disable things so you can have your main drive enabled.

Once you change other SATA Settings, you will need to reboot and come back to BIOS, to this page and make sure your windows drive is at the top of the list above that under "Boot Option Priorities" Where it shows Intel MEMPEK drive right now. Also make sure all settings there near the bottom are same too.

For actual SATA settings you need to make note of the following pages and it's current settings.

Peripherals tab >> SATA/RST section >> SATA MODE - make sure current setting it put back after flashing and loading optimized defaults, should be AHCI if you are not using RAID.

Look around and see if you see OS Type setting (Win8-win10 or Others) too, and this should be set back to same too. I can't find this in your manual, but think I've seen it in Z170 and above always, usually in page you shown in image (Maybe further down), or in RST page in next section, or on power or save/exit page. Maybe it's not shown now, or anymore? Or maybe only shown if CSM is disabled in above image. If you can't see it anywhere, then don't worry about it, just make sure all setting same as it is now after you flash and load optimized again.

If you do flash, and load optimized again, and can't get to windows, don't reinstall windows again Smile Come here, show me your BIOS settings and I'll help you set it back.
find
Thank you!

Here is a screenshot of my boot priority options which are clearly limited to only 2, so I presume I should select my Seagate 2TB HDD to boot first, although correct me if I'm wrong.

[Image: 5oe7hy.jpg]

Here is a screenshot of my SATA settings, I suppose more for my own reference than anything, so I can restore these if updating the BIOS changes any of them. I didn't notice an OS Type setting anywhere.

[Image: 20sfyh3.jpg]
find
Boot option priorities already has three set/selected, shown in your image on post #5.
Intel is first in that list, and I assume you want that correct, it's your SSD?

Only you know what your boot device/drive is, unless you are really not sure? If you are really not sure please open run command (hit windows key (beside alt) + R at same time) and copy/paste this into the run box >> compmgmt.msc
Then go to disk management, and once that opens up and shows your drives, take a screenshot of that and post here and I will let you know what drive is your boot drive.

What you are showing there in first image in the post above is the BBS options, where you can disable or remove a drive from being a possible choice in the previous area shown in image on post #4
find
The Intel item is my Optane Memory plugged into my motherboard (not a "drive", although intended to help start processes faster similar to an SSD). Windows is installed on my HDD (the ST2... option). That third option is the USB that I had plugged in at the time with the updated BIOS on it. So are you suggesting that I need my hard drive to boot before my Optane memory before and after trying to update the BIOS?
find
OK, so it's your cache drive? But, does it contain your BCD store, boot files? SHow me disk management like I mentioned, then we can know for sure which needs to be first. Currently per image in post #5 you do have it set first, so it's loading before the 2TB drive

I am not suggesting anything yet, only saying what your images show now, and for you to show me disk manager so we can check it all out. Right now Intel is first, see your own image in post #5 (And 1st in post #7 set that way too).
find