Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6401
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14037
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 136
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424545
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3651
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 323
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 236
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 342
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224750
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119202
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6814
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 437
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309804
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62000
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 655
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20313
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169424
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6385
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 860

Vostro 5470 - BIOS Recovery
#1
Hello good day.

I apologize for my terrible English, and I appreciate all the help.

I have a Dell Vostro 5470 notebook, and when I tried to update the BIOS A12, to computer restarted and then not called, just a black screen, and the power LED.

I read some threads here in the forum teaching a BIOS Recovery. My BIOS it seems is a Phoenix Technologies. But the information is to use certain key combinations to trigger the reading of USB.

I've tried almost all and none worked, FN + B, ALT + B, R + FN, FN + ESC, hold the END and then connect the ac adapter.

Neither did the led of stick work.

And also the BIOS you had before was the A08, the same as now I try to do the recovery, but when I extract the EXE files, I have the following:

BIOS.cap - 7,193Kb
BIOS_BIOS.bin - 6.656Kb

Following the steps of the Recovery BIOS, I tried using the WINCRIS and managed to create the bootable USB stick, but when I use the Phoenix ToolKit to verify the name that should be renamed the BIOS file, I get the following message:

Pubkey and marker (2.1) (DELL QA09) (x2)

I did not understand where I find the name it should have the BIOS file, in accordance with paragraph 3.

I completely lost my 5470 became a useless stone, and from what I'm reading seems to me to be able to recover through the flash drive recovery. But can not find the correct combination of keys to perform this action, nor found any returned procedure for the Vostro 5470.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you so much!
find
quote
#2
Hi, I have the same problem that you.

But, may be that this link will help you: http://en.community.dell.com/support-for...t/19654297

For me, when the recovery process is initialised, it show: "Error 100 - Invalid BIOS Image!".

I believe this is a result that I was not using the correct name of the BIOS image. I also tried use Phoenix tool kit, but I get the same result that you. Thus, I also need help.

(Do you speak Portuguese?)

Thanks.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)