Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 73
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424324
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3596
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 259
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 191
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 288
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224229
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119153
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 265
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6772
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 383
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309642
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61949
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 604
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20259
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169221
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6313
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 806
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5775
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61168

WWAN card suddenly disappeared from my Thinkpad T500, do I need to change BIOS?
#1
Hi all

I bought a Thinkpad T500 (x64, Windows 7, model number 2089-A35) on eBay some months ago and mobile broadband internet was working well with any cell phone provider but yesterday I suddenly got that BIOS message "Card not authorized. Turn off your computer and remove it". I do not know which WWAN card is inside, I think Ericsson.

When Windows booted after this message, the WWAN card completely disappeared: Device Manager in Windows now does not show anything (including not any problems) and Access Connections radio button for Mobile Broadband is disabled.

My questions:

1. The only change I had done before I got the BIOS message is that I removed two Windows services thru msconfig utility: AcPrfMgrSvc and AcSvc, both by Lenovo. I reactivated them later, but nothing has changed. Could this have initiated the magical disappearance? I also reinstalled 2 different versions of Ericsson drivers but no change.

2. Do I need a BIOS update? Which download link should I use? I read all threads on this forum but it's unclear which to choose.

3. I happen to wish to use this computer for some more time, even without this WWAN card. If BIOS update fails, is it possible to return the old BIOS and how? I read somewhere that plugging a special bootable USB memory stick with the old BIOS could revert it, is this my misunderstanding? I also read about removing the BIOS battery in a T500 and how this did NOT help with a failed BIOS update.

Thanks for any direction to go regarding this
Tobi
find
quote
#2
Just wanted to say that the problem disappeared (and the WWAN card appeared) after I updated BIOS to the official version 3.22. It used to be 3.17.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)