Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424188
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3563
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 226
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 256
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223878
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119108
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6743
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 358
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309539
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61907
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 571
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20227
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169166
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6271
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 774
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5741
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61122
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274958

Whitelist removal request for Toshiba A305D S6848
#1
Hi everyone,

I have a request for a whitelist removal.
I have two Intel wifi cards, one is the 6230 and the other is 5300. I would like to use the 6230 since it has bluetooth too, but not sure if it will work.
I have a modified bios which was done by camiloml and it's working great. thank you very much again for the great work.
here is the moded bios:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe
thank you in advance.

Tibor from LA
find
quote
#2
First test the new card, if it shows you an error on boot and disable card then bios has whitelist, but would be first time i see whitelist on toshiba machines.

Just try your new hardware and tell me the result.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#3
I have tried it, that's why I'm here.Rolleyes
I have installed the 6230 card and after loading the Toshiba logo with F2, F12 options, the screen becomes black and it just sits there.
some how I managed to install the 5300(Windows 7 auto installed it for me), but it would not start.
by installing the Intel software or even just the driver causes bsod.
find
quote
#4
Is that toshiba AMD based?
Do you have any other wifi cards to test?

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#5
yes is a AMD.
I have the one which is inside, it's an Atheros AR5007EG(B,G), I have two Intels, one is the 5300 and the other is 6230(Wifi+Bluetooth).

find
quote
#6
You may have chipset level problems with the 6230 if the platform is not intel and that is not whitelist related. It's just intel design in opposition to AMD. We have seen this many times in the forum. The new generation of intel wwan cards are incompatible intentionally with amd based platforms. Try to put your hands on different wifi adapters and test them, post that atheros pci id and i will go looking for a possibly inexistent whitelist in the bios Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#7
I hope you are wrong. Smile
here is the id
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_001C&SUBSYS_042A1468&REV_01
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_001C&SUBSYS_042A1468
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_001C&CC_020000
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_001C&CC_0200
but even the 5300, which is an older card won't start. it installs with only the Windows drivers, but it won't start it will generate(if I remember right) a code 28.
with the Intel driver will cause a blue screen. I'm fine if we(you) can make it work with the 5300. the 6230 may be because it's a new design and maybe because it's a dual card too.

find
quote
#8
If the card is detected in Device manager and driver loads you can try to tap pin 20 of it before inserting in the PCIe slot.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#9
I will try that. thanks.
do you have somewhere a link for this mod? I have seen it some where, but I can't find it right now.
thank you for all your help.
I will just return the 6230 card and use the 5300.

find
quote
#10
http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-VE...l-requests

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)