Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424131
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3554
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223746
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119095
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6738
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 351
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309501
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 564
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20216
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169141
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6261
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 766
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5735
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61106
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274947

X5460 cpu on DP35DP intel motherboard
#1
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong section but I really didn't understand where else to post this.

I have a Intel DP35DP motherboard and Core 2 duo processor, after reading a ton of material and watching youtube videos i realised that i could upgrade to a Xeon X5460 that was modded for socket 775. I visited several websites and asked the x5460 seller also and everywhere I found that my motherboard should be compatible with the X5460. But, now that I got the 775 modded X5460 and installed it along with a new heatsink, my pc does not boot to bios, it just turns on and is stuck in that state, no beeps or worrying sounds whatsoever. I installed the latest BIOS version (released in 2009) i could find for my DP35DP and cleared CMOS by removing the battery for around 10 hours. I have also tried the Jumper CMOS clearing method and nothing seems to work. 

When I install the previous Core 2 Duo, everything works fine.

I would appreciate your assistance in this matter at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for reading and hope you all have a great day.
find
quote
#2
This motherboard isn't compatible with Xeon for LGA771. Its BIOS isn't moddable without hardware programmer.
find
quote
#3
(03-01-2017, 11:15 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: This motherboard isn't compatible with Xeon for LGA771. Its BIOS isn't moddable without hardware programmer.

Hi Deathbringer,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you tell me which motherboard i could buy so I can use the x5460? I prefer a used one that wouldn't set me back much.

Thanks
find
quote
#4
http://www.delidded.com/lga-771-to-775-adapter/3/
find
quote
#5
(03-01-2017, 11:49 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: http://www.delidded.com/lga-771-to-775-adapter/3/

Thanks dude, have a great day
find
quote
#6
(03-01-2017, 11:15 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: This motherboard isn't compatible with Xeon for LGA771. Its BIOS isn't moddable without hardware programmer.

I've every hardware programmer out there, could you tell me how to mod the BIOS?
find
quote
#7
Did you tried to boot with Xeon? What was the result?
Make current dump of BIOS with hardware programmer.
find
quote
#8
boring story short, I'm looking to replace my current P5QL-E mobo (with E5450) because its bios is either buggy or I've messed it up...

So I've found a local ad for an DP35DP. And I'd get it right now (need those 6 SATAs) if I knew that it's possible to get it working with my old E5450.
find
quote
#9
(07-27-2019, 07:54 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Did you tried to boot with Xeon? What was the result?
Make current dump of BIOS with hardware programmer.

I couldn't test it with Xeon, so I've just dumped the firmware, and deactivated ME using https://github.com/corna/me_cleaner

Could you please apply the Xeon patches to the bin? Then I'll solder the flash chip back onto the motherboard and report back.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jxqagxov0...emoved.bin
SHA256: 2a2c29e150a2c3c1d978c7c2f277408c60edaac1ea67405a246b0d80db18c823



untouched dump:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jobnnu5hk...DP35DP.bin
SHA256: 6813ae59e503f6d763817dee696772636a2c61435e6a014299ac2af4bbd913c6
find
quote
#10
OK so I tested the untouched ROM and with Xeon microcodes and the result is the same: no GPU output, slight hissing sound coming from CPU area a few seconds after power up (total PSU power consumption jumps from ~80W to ~90W), inductors/transformers and transistors/FETs heating up around the CPU (safe temps as far as I can tell), CPU fan speed is very low

With ME patched out and microcodes: CPU fan speed is prolly 100%, rest is the same

If I power on without RAM, it's the same with all the 3 ROMs: it beeps 3 times, then turns the CPU fan to 100%, but no hissing (components still heating up though), total PSU power consumption is ~80W

In none of the cases CPU itself heated up (if it did it's not much at all)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)