Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 04:53 PM
» Replies: 101
» Views: 22229
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5315 BIOS Unlock
Last Post: FG_JK
Yesterday 11:35 AM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 5919
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire E5-575(G) BIOS unl...
Yesterday 10:00 AM
» Replies: 142
» Views: 51733
[REQUEST] ASUS TUF Gaming FX705DU BIOS U...
Last Post: kenpachi
Yesterday 05:57 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 64
Add Broadwell support to Fujitsu D3348B1...
Last Post: mforce2
Yesterday 04:33 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 98
[REQUEST] Thinkpad Lenovo L13 Yoga gen3 ...
Last Post: quantumx3
03-17-2024 07:00 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 219
[GUIDE] Flash BIOS with CH341A programme...
Last Post: pareja119
03-17-2024 01:58 PM
» Replies: 35
» Views: 108028
New Members Say Hi Here
Last Post: Gordin
03-17-2024 01:18 PM
» Replies: 159
» Views: 210506
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 BIOS Unl...
03-17-2024 08:38 AM
» Replies: 78
» Views: 21762
GA-990FXA-UD3 (rev. 4.0)
Last Post: weser
03-16-2024 09:58 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 101
PCIe Bifurcation on Fujitsu D3402-B21
Last Post: StancuFlorin
03-16-2024 06:12 AM
» Views: 86
[Request] Adding 7th Gen CPU support to ...
Last Post: StancuFlorin
03-16-2024 05:57 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 262
amibios 5.12 modding help
Last Post: osku81
03-15-2024 01:38 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 168
ch341a and asprogrammer error
Last Post: jean luc ferre
03-15-2024 01:10 PM
» Views: 119
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideadpad N581 Whitelist...
03-15-2024 12:21 PM
» Replies: 237
» Views: 58370
CPU upgrade on Asus X51L
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-15-2024 12:21 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 1346
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E320 (8NE...
03-14-2024 05:22 PM
» Replies: 96
» Views: 26499
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad Y550 (15CNxxWW)...
Last Post: analiel1
03-14-2024 03:10 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 4661
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
03-14-2024 02:50 PM
» Replies: 274
» Views: 65705
Xeon E5-26xx V4 ES & ASUS x99-A II
Last Post: massimo.cressoni
03-14-2024 11:59 AM
» Replies: 28
» Views: 12613

Y50-70 no Flash screen
Hi,
I recently flashed my Lenovo y50-70 with custom bios. I think i have accidentally selected the wrong monitor output type (i believe i selected auto). I tried unplugging my battery and cmos battery to reset to defaults but still i only get a black screen. The computer clearly is booting up otherwise i just don't have any video, not even the lenovo flash screen. I really hope someone can help me out with this even if i have to do it by counting key strokes to choose the correct setting. Any help would be great help. I really hope i haven't bricked this pc, but i suspect i can recover from this because it seems like everything else is working. Not sure if this matters but i have osx running on the machine at the moment. If anyone thinks the problem might be something else id be happy for the guidance.
thanks,
Brian
find
Try these methods :

VIDEO CARD DISABLED - BRICK - RECOVERY !!!

I Method

Banox

RE: unlock advanced menu lenovo y50-70
Hai BD Master,.. Hai everyone , whatsup ,,
been a while since i dropped by here,,

just wanna share this info on how to recover from soft brick Y50 , caused by changing Offset voltage in Unlocked BIOS.
This was tested n confirmed by "Jarn06T" from NBR, at least I got this usefull info from him, n this method referred from those guys on AW forums ,
kudos to all of 'em.

Basically need to remove back cover , 12 screws, disconnect Battery , and CMOS connector. unplug all ram modules.
then do Power Flee by pressing power button 20 secs or so, ( this might not be necessary ).

Then connect AC , power on, it will bootloop cos no ram installed.
- in one of the shutdown in-between bootloop , quickly connect CMOS battery connector back in its place..
- let it reboot, and it will shutdown again with still no ram Installed.
- after another shutdown ( still in-between bootloop ) quickly connect/insert 1 ram modules to its placed.
- then after next reboot, it shud back to life to enter setup MODE.
- then u cud load default settings and restart or shutdown to connect battery & another ram modules, if you had 2 slots installed.

shud there is any other method pls do share , or if this was a repost , please do apologize.

hopefully this cud help others experiencing soft brick after changing OFFSET VOLTAGE settings. NOTE : do not change Voltage
( undervolt ) inside BIOS. ony do in WIndows environtment.
regards, Bios WilCard GPU OverClocked !

II Method

Vernam7

I fixed it!! here is how and maybe you wish to share that.

well i did played with the display settings so the laptop was not showing anything.
But that doesn't mean it was nto actually booting at least was trying but was propably geting a bsod, since the display was "disabled".
I tried the HDMI hours ago maybe i would get a tv out but nop.
after waiting 2 hours for the bios t clear as you said it doesn't because its in ROM that keep power for hours,
this is what i did.

- Download your new modified bios,
- Copy It in a msdos bootable USB Stick
- Also in the USB create the autoexec.bat and edit it inside to call the flash.bat automatically the next time the USB boots
- Open laptop and disconected the HD or SSD, so make sure the Bios will boot only from USB
- Plug the USB and power on the laptop WITH all batteries Connected! (because it check for battery state while flashing!)
- Leave the laptop to power on, and notice that the USB is trying indeed LED flashing, showing some sort of activity,
- Remember now that your flash update ask 1-2 times "are you sure" "press any key to continue flashing" so simply press 2-3 times the "Enter" key.
- USB start to flash even more now showing that the Bios was indeed flashing!
- Wait exactly 1 min, it doesnt take longer and to make sure it finished, then pressed 1-2 time more Enter key, until none activity on the USB flash led will be.
- Then the flash is over and needs a restart, lets make sure that its indeed over by forcing a command on the msdos to show some short off activity,
- Try to type "dir", and look flash led activity, (everytime type DIR blinded and Enter key, then the USB has to blinking, which means Bios Flash is over !
- Now Laptop is waiting for a restart!
- Press the POWER button 3sec to shutdown and then press again It switch on and boot !
- BOOM the screen has to came to life and You will have your bios installed and recovered.
- Turn Laptop off, connect HD or SSD, and then power up to setup bios !!!
Regards

Nathanial292

Posted for all lenovo Recovery Bios Users !

I used andys tool to get my bios version name (ZIVY2.BI)

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...EFI-BIOSes

I know thats for Pheonix Bios'es but it was worth a shot...

Then got the original bios from Lenovos' website and renamed it to ZIVY2.BI.

I then placed that on a FAT formatted usb; keep in mind I also shoved every single possible filename :

ZIVY2.wph
ZIVY2.bin
ZIVY2.ROM
ZIVY2.FD
ZIVY2.BI
WinZIVY2X64.wph
WinZIVY2X64.fd
WinZIVY2X64.rom {These ones are what the bios file from Lenovo was originally called}
WinZIVY2X64.bin
WinZIVY2X64.bi

I ran the crisis mode(BATTERY OUT/AC OFF, hold fn+B OR fn+R then plug in AC then press Power) and the laptop bleeped
ALOT. 2 minutes later It was booting into WINDOWS!!!

I had to look around the internet for days but it was worth it if this was the result!

I hope you can tell all your lenovo users to try out this method.

I have got so far a long list of users with this issues and i cannot find any Lenovo Recovery Bios woking ! Good luck.

Let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
Hey, not to necro a thread, but I just did this process, and I hope that my extra details will help future users.

I went through everything. I pulled the batteries, and held the power button. I cycled my power and put in ram sticks, I pulled my display and check if it worked on another laptop's LVDS connector, I Heat gunned my GPU. Literally everything. But this worked

Here are the steps:

1. Get a BIOS file. Here is a link https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-...-p/2178818
The third post down has different versions. I used V1.14. The latest version from the lenovo website has no .ROM file, so I guess it's not an option.

2. Open the file with 7zip. You'll have to download it by googling, it's free. Open the downloaded BIOS file (Should be called "9ecn31ww" by right clicking, going down to 7-zip => Open Archive.
Extract the file named WINZIVY2X64.ROM to a folder of your choice. Perhaps the desktop. The file will be 9 908 160 (bytes) in size. DO NOT FLASH A FILE THAT HAS A DIFFERENT FILE SIZE.

3. Part of the process requires your BIOS file to be correctly named in order for it to properly recover/flash. In this step we're going to rename the files to every possible combination of BIOS filenames.
Getting these names is a difficult proccess, that I honestly know nothing about.

Get Notepad++, it's also free.
Open WINZIVY2X64.ROM with Notepad++(regular Notepad does not work for this part, believe me I tried,it will simply save the names as WINZIVY2X64.BIN.ROM, same as using just the windows rename feature)

Now select 'Save As' and save it as the following: (Repeat the process for each file name. You should be getting several files each with a different name as you save more copies in the folder where you initially placed WINZIVY2X64.ROM)

WINZIVY2X64.BI

WINZIVY2X64.BIN

WINZIVY2X64.FD

WINZIVY2X64.ROM

WINZIVY2X64.WPH

ZIVY2.BI

ZIVY2.BIN

ZIVY2.FD

ZIVY2.ROM

ZIVY2.WPH

(This last set seems unlikely to be the correct names to me, but I saw someone else claim they used it, and it was on my USB drive when it worked so who knows?)

ZAVY2.BI

ZAVY2.BIN

ZAVY2.FD

ZAVY2.ROM

ZAVY2.WPH

4. Take a USB flash drive, go to "My computer" Right click on the USB drive and select Format. Change the filesystem from NTFS to FAT32. Format the drive.
The flash drive does not need to be a 'bootable' flash drive. Leave it as is.

5. Copy all the files from step 3 to the flash drive.

6. Unplug your laptop from the AC adapter.
Disconnect the battery from the motherboard.
With everything disconnected hold the power button for 20-30 seconds. This purges residual power from the board.
Disconnect the hard drive (This ensures that the USB flash drive is read first. I'm not sure if this is necessary, but it was the case when my flash worked)

7. Plug in your USB flash drive into any USB port.
8.HOLD Fn+B
9.While HOLDING Fn+B, plug in the AC adapter.
10. While still HOLDING Fn+B press the Power Button.

11. You should hear the fans turn on very loudly, no display, and no keyboard lights.
Let go of Fn+B after a few seconds
You should hear a rather loud series of beeps. This is the BIOS being flashed. Let it beep repeatedly as long as it needs to. When the process is done, the beeping will stop, and the laptop will turn itself off. It may also reboot.

If all went well, you're screen should now be working just fine. Put everything back together and help others out if they have the same problem. Feel free to ask me questions.

I also have to mention this part, because I firmly believe it was instrumental in my success:
While doing the process, I prayed like I never have before. And I mean prayed. To God. I've had it happen far too many times, where I've prayed and literally right then things started working, for me to think it's an accident. I feel like I'd be letting God down if I didn't bother letting others know that he helped. And I promised that if it worked, I would post my guide on the web. Not trying to convert anyone, or be weirdly religious, just doing what I think is right.
find
Hello, I followed the whole process but I do not get any usb flashing/beeps on the laptop. The usb is fat32 and I've tried every port on the laptop
find