Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
Today 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 25
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6550
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
Yesterday 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 155
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308313
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61572
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 336
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 19975
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168486
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6006
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 552
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5505
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60764
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274693
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 679
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24660
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 693860
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 174060
HP DV6-6031er WiFi White list
Last Post: NVTNovo
09-16-2026 09:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 949
HP15BA030 BIOS Freischalten für Advanced...
Last Post: Andyowl
09-16-2026 01:35 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 520
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH0...
Last Post: Silver Pegasus
09-16-2026 09:53 AM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 59571

acer veriton L460 failed update bios
#1
Huh

Good night all,
I tried to update my Acer Veriton L460 bios, I downloaded newest bios from Acer website (I used R01-B1 bios), updated through windows xp with AFUWIN, after following the scent the pdf which followed at bios file. According to the guidance after succesfully update, pc will restart by itself, but this do not happened. After waiting a few minutes, I restart pc mannualy.
The result, my pc sound one long beep followed by one short beep, dead screen, usb keyboard dead, dvd run, nothing happen, fan run normal.
I have tried to recover my bios by using Ami bios recovery method by using cd (I rename the bios to AMIBOOT.ROM), the result is nothing.
I try to take a look at my mobo, I am surprised that the bios is detachable, and bios chip label is Phoenix bios d696.

Any solution to my problem ? Please help

find
quote
#2
if you have access to a floppy drive , try using a floppy instead of a Cd for the bios recovery

While the recovery is in progress , does the hard drive activity light flash at all on your machine or not?

Admin
find
quote
#3
(11-12-2010, 07:30 AM)1234s282 Wrote: if you have access to a floppy drive , try using a floppy instead of a Cd for the bios recovery

While the recovery is in progress , does the hard drive activity light flash at all on your machine or not?

Admin

|My |Acer have no floppy, |I already tried to use usb |floppy, but usb port not function. ||Now |I knew my original bios is |R01-|||A2 with phoenix label. |I am cunfused which program |I will use to recover my bios |?
find
quote
#4
R U using Linux? The l8est BIOS I found (Acer tells me to use the highest version) is the R01-B2 (Windows) wich we already modded!
There was never a Phoenix-BIOS in this PC, maybe someone replaced the chip with a compatible one formerly known as a Phoenix? A new BIOS-chip is quite cheap, you can get it for 16 bucks all inclusive! Perhaps you will try to get one?
Good luck!!

Sometimes you just have to try to be sure it is not working...
[Image: logo.png]
I am back in here as I promised! Big Grin So tell me your needs!
find
quote
#5
(11-15-2010, 01:49 AM)MrTangoWhisky Wrote: R U using Linux? The l8est BIOS I found (Acer tells me to use the highest version) is the R01-B2 (Windows) wich we already modded!
There was never a Phoenix-BIOS in this PC, maybe someone replaced the chip with a compatible one formerly known as a Phoenix? A new BIOS-chip is quite cheap, you can get it for 16 bucks all inclusive! Perhaps you will try to get one?
Good luck!!


Thanks for information, My cpu run in windows xp. I already downloaded R01-A2 bios and I found afu885.exe inside the rar file so my bios chip is Ami. I will try to recover my bios chip program first, if fail I wil get a new chip.

find
quote
#6
Where do you download the bios R01-A2?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)