Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6369
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14010
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424499
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3626
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 295
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 212
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 315
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224630
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119179
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6793
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 418
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309748
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61975
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 630
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20286
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169379
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6357
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 833

asus F556-UA54, possibly bricked
#41
Get USB ready with FPT, go into walmart, find same model, dump it's BIOS = Win Big Grin

Great it's back and running now, see I told you it wasn't too hard to revive it! Big Grin

I assumed wireless would be working, since it's info is all stored on the wireless card itself. Check windows activations, see if it remains after checking for windows updates and rebooting a few times. If so, then not super critical to get your info back into exact location, but I would like to, so hopefully once I can grab that other dump I'll be able to eventually.
find
quote
#42
rebooted 2x now. windows says it's updated and activated. windows 10 home....seems ok so far.
find
quote
#43
Great, so your serial and UUID etc may not be too important after all, at least not for windows activation it's not (usually only important for that or RMA's). I do have your info though, and can put it back in there for you once I am 100% sure of correct placement location for this system.
find
quote
#44
(06-27-2019, 12:20 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Great, so your serial and UUID etc may not be too important after all, at least not for windows activation it's not (usually only important for that or RMA's).  I do have your info though, and can put it back in there for you once I am 100% sure of correct placement location for this system.

for now, I'm going to keep the bottom of my laptop off so once you're good with a final bios, then I'll flash it onto the chip.
find
quote
#45
I'd put it on there, just don't [censored] it all down, maybe two opposite corners or something like that.
find
quote
#46
(06-27-2019, 02:50 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: I'd put it on there, just don't [censored] it all down, maybe two opposite corners or something like that.

I have it laying on it...I'll continue to use my wife's laptop at work for the next few days until you give me the go on the final bios flash. no big deal.
find
quote
#47
Ha! I forgot we can't "turn a bolt to secure something" here ^^^

I should be able to grab the other BIOS from that place tonight, will update once I've checked it out again

* Edit - got tonight's dump from them, and it's not a dump Sad Stock BIOS programmed in, then dumped, so not actual dump
Have to wait till tomorrow now and see if UAM matches UAK for this stuff, if it does them I'll assume your UA should be same/same and will build BIOS from that info for you.
find
quote
#48
Same rubbish with UAM "dump" from that site, not actual dumped BIOS Sad
So, I only got one actual dump for these systems from that site, and it's only one I can find that's not a paid only site (and the paid ones probably only have copies of these same files anyway) Sad

Will have to move forward and test based on what I see in the UAK dump for system info locations/layout etc.

I just realized, you were originally using BIOS 402 from 2016, and I sent you rebuild to get you running with 411 from 2019 Big Grin
Do you want to be on 402 or 411?
find
quote
#49
(06-28-2019, 11:33 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Same rubbish with UAM "dump" from that site, not actual dumped BIOS Sad
So, I only got one actual dump for these systems from that site, and it's only one I can find that's not a paid only site (and the paid ones probably only have copies of these same files anyway) Sad

Will have to move forward and test based on what I see in the UAK dump for system info locations/layout etc.

I just realized, you were originally using BIOS 402 from 2016, and I sent you rebuild to get you running with 411 from 2019 Big Grin
Do you want to be on 402 or 411?


411 is fine, I believe that's what windows pushed out that caused me to brick my system.
find
quote
#50
OK, that's what you're using now anyway Big Grin

Here, program this in, and then check in BIOS and in windows system info or HWINFO etc and see if serial UUID etc now shows up properly
After this, you can put system back together, if any other BIOS flashes are needed we can do with FPT as this has unlocked FD
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...8030339150
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)