Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424209
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3564
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 227
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 257
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223918
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119109
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6745
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 359
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309549
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61908
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 572
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20228
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169171
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6273
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 775
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5743
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61124

[deleted] remove of MXM white list possible?
#1
Hello,
is it possible to remove a video card whitelist from BIOS? The XPS ONE uses a standard MXM notebook video card, but Dell restricted the BIOS to exactly one MXM video (Dell's 'HD 2400 mobility).
http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=de&cs=dedhs1&l=de&s=dhs&releaseid=R215335&SystemID=XPS_ONE_A2010&servicetag=&os=WLH&osl=ge&deviceid=15196&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=4&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=0&libid=1&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&source=-1&fileid=305324

find
#2
WOW, that's a new challenge Smile Please post the VEN & DEV for the Dell HD 2400 mobility. I will have a look at it.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
#3
Thanks! Here they are:
[Image: 97467552.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
find
#4
Oh, forgot to tell that the integrated Intel GMA3100 might also be on the white list. If the HD 2400 is not inserted an MXM dummy is in it's place and the integrated GMA 3100 is used instead of an MXM video card.
find
#5
I couldn't believe it, there was one check for that device ID in the bios, i removed the check now lets hope it does not act wierd Smile

Here you have DOWNLOAD HERE

Tell me if it allows now use of another video card.

It's possible now that the X3100 onboard doesn't work. But who cares having another video card Wink

Nice day
Camilo.


BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
#6
(06-30-2011, 11:21 AM)camiloml Wrote: I couldn't believe it, there was one check for that device ID in the bios, i removed the check now lets hope it does not act wierd Smile

Here you have DOWNLOAD HERE

Tell me if it allows now use of another video card.

It's possible now that the X3100 onboard doesn't work. But who cares having another video card Wink

Nice day
Camilo.

Hello!
I have the same problem with the XPS One 2010 and would like to change the Graphic Card.
Under the download link I have not found the modified BIOS. I would like to try the modified BIOS, and then of course report the results here.

Thanks in advance
Rick1305
find
#7
Sorry, that modded bios was deleted because of no feedback, and no, before you ask i already tell you i will not modify same bios again after deletion because no feedback. Blame the original requester for this.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
#8
Sorry,
I somehow did not get an notification message until today and therefore did not know someone answered again. Of course I didn't even download the modded BIOS. I came here because I got an email some minutes ago with a 'warning' because I did not answer or give feedback. Sorry, but as I wrote above I somehow did not even know you posted again. I would also like to test the BIOS but if you deleted it I can understand that. Sorry again and please believe me that I did not ignore this on purpose.

EDIT: I just checked my GMail-Account and it seems like I simply did not get a notification about any post after 06-28-2011. That is why I assumed nothing would have been written after that.
find
#9
Bios got deleted, too many time passed. Sad

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
#10
What a pity, thanks anyway.
find


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)