Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424174
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3560
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 223
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 254
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223826
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119104
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6741
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 356
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309526
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61906
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 569
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20223
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169161
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6267
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 772
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5739
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61119
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274954

e8500 support for an MS-7301
#1
Hi, I had a look around to see if I could find an answer to this question, but nothing relevant came up. Could just be I'm not looking up the right keywords though.

According to the specs for my motherboard (Cuba MS-7301, a Packard Bell OEM) it supports CPUs with 533, 800 or 1066 MHz FSB. Now, being an idiot, I went and bought a Core 2 Duo e8500 not realizing it had an FSB of 1333 MHz and that my board didn't support that FSB, and when I switch the machine on, I get no POST, no beeps, no video, just the sound of the fan spinning. Works fine with my old Pentium D 820. Could also be a dead CPU, but I don't have another PC to test it in right now.

What I would like to know is, is the lack of 1333 FSB support a limitation of the chipset itself, or could the BIOS be modded to support it?

Attached is a copy of the BIOS backed up with Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit 2.0. It's an upgraded BIOS I flashed a while back when trying to install another, older C2D, but the chip itself was dead.

The compatibility list is available in the first post of this thread: http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/t347539.html
I haven't had much luck finding the original page with all the specs because the OEM PC is obsolete and has been removed from Packard Bell's site.


Attached Files
.rom   PhoenixTechnologies,LTD-W7301VP2.316.rom (Size: 512 KB / Downloads: 20)
find
quote
#2
I was wondering about the exact same thing, except it was support for the E6850.
Read somewhere that the latest cpu series this motherboard support is the conroe cpu's.
If it is possible to unlock the bios and somehow make it support cpu's with bus spees of 1333Mhz I would be glad to hear about it!
find
quote
#3
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/W7301VP2-B2.BIN
CPU sspec slb9z Intel e7500
Thank you
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)