Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
ASUS R1F CPU upgrade
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 12:22 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 73
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:41 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 91
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15 (8ACNxx...
Last Post: psycomaffo
Yesterday 10:36 AM
» Replies: 69
» Views: 26033
Request for Modded BIOS with AI Tweaker ...
Last Post: CertifiedCosmos
04-17-2024 05:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 110
Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e GPU Whitelist re...
Last Post: saschalein
04-17-2024 03:23 PM
» Views: 94
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15ARR (7WC...
Last Post: nadolivbios
04-17-2024 01:26 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 6150
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: sanya.silitskiy
04-17-2024 11:52 AM
» Replies: 73
» Views: 219984
[REQUEST] 13w Yoga Gen 2 (Type 82YR) (KB...
Last Post: SiberianTiger97
04-17-2024 09:48 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 164
Acer Extensa 5620: CPU replace
Last Post: MPM
04-17-2024 08:28 AM
» Views: 149
[REQUEST] Sony Vaio VPCEH & VPCEJ series...
Last Post: nrns
04-16-2024 08:08 PM
» Replies: 232
» Views: 98561
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-16-2024 02:35 PM
» Replies: 103
» Views: 24038
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
04-16-2024 07:29 AM
» Replies: 847
» Views: 324207
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
04-16-2024 07:28 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 1000
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad P14s 3rd Gen 1...
04-16-2024 07:26 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 302
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: pashtet440
04-16-2024 06:56 AM
» Views: 143
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
04-14-2024 09:02 AM
» Replies: 1733
» Views: 542262
Dell Latitude 5520 - get to know passwor...
Last Post: yeti1299
04-14-2024 06:48 AM
» Views: 247
[REQUEST]: Asus TP420IA - how to dump bi...
Last Post: quantumx3
04-14-2024 05:34 AM
» Views: 213
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: Nightdemon2001
04-14-2024 01:13 AM
» Replies: 2319
» Views: 656833
[REQUEST] Lenovo B575 (52CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: thepwrtank18
04-13-2024 06:13 PM
» Replies: 56
» Views: 20453

how to make a Phoenix backup flashable?
hi there,

I want to try to mod my MH36 Phoenix bios myself.
There is no original image file, only the older versions.

Is it possible to build a flashable one from a backup file?
I read something about platform data wich have te add to the backup, but I do not understand what files that are (work with PBE)
thanks in advantage,
Jos
find
Hello JosV,

Yes, it is possible to create a flashable backup BIOS image from a current BIOS dump and another compatible BIOS images's platform data. Two conditions must be met, however: the BIOS image that the platform data is being extracted from must be for a notebook with your computer's same chipset and must also be from a notebook in the same series as your own.

You said that you can only find older versions of your BIOS image. Since these will be directly compatible with your notebook (as they are just older versions), a flashable BIOS image can be created of your current BIOS image. If you provide me with an official BIOS update or image of a past BIOS version for this notebook and with a dump of your current BIOS image from your notebook, then I can give you a flashable BIOS image. This process, like any other BIOS-related process, does carry a very small amount of risk, but the risk factor for this operation is very, very small. I'm just warning you so that you know.

If you need assistance with creating a BIOS dump, please ask.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
(05-23-2016, 09:56 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello JosV,

Yes, it is possible to create a flashable backup BIOS image from a current BIOS dump and another compatible BIOS images's platform data. Two conditions must be met, however: the BIOS image that the platform data is being extracted from must be for a notebook with your computer's same chipset and must also be from a notebook in the same series as your own.

You said that you can only find older versions of your BIOS image. Since these will be directly compatible with your notebook (as they are just older versions), a flashable BIOS image can be created of your current BIOS image. If you provide me with an official BIOS update or image of a past BIOS version for this notebook and with a dump of your current BIOS image from your notebook, then I can give you a flashable BIOS image. This process, like any other BIOS-related process, does carry a very small amount of risk, but the risk factor for this operation is very, very small. I'm just warning you so that you know.

If you need assistance with creating a BIOS dump, please ask.

~Steven

Thank you Steven for your answer!
I attached an original BIOS image (P05) and my BIOS dump (P13) from Bios backup toolkit 2.0
They are from the same notebook serie and chipset.

Thank you for your risk warning! I am already warned by my own stumbling and experimenting... ;-) I thought to be smart: opened my current BIOS dump in PBE, added the modified TEMPLAT00.ROM and copied this PBE Temp folder.
Opened the (older version) original BIOS in PBE and replaced complete Temp content with Temp content of the dump.
After rebuilding it looked succesfull, filesize was ok, 2.135.002 bytes. Emulating in PBE looked ok. Flashing went nearly ok, but at the end.... bricked.
Fortunately my good old MH36 is resurrected with a backup motherboard! But I do not give up.

Thanks in advantage,
Jos

Attached Files
.wph   PBPE2L0N.P05.WPH (Size: 2.04 MB / Downloads: 8)
.rom   PBPE2L0N.P13.rom (Size: 2 MB / Downloads: 18)
find
Hello JosV,

Could you provide an untouched BIOS dump please? PBE is known to have problems when repacking modified images, sometimes leading to BIOS bricks. Additionally, could you provide me with your modified TEMPLAT00.ROM module? I will integrate your modified TEMPLAT module (via PhoenixTool) into the flashable BIOS image created by taking platform data from the official BIOS image and applying it to the untouched BIOS dump.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
(05-26-2016, 10:27 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello JosV,

Could you provide an untouched BIOS dump please? PBE is known to have problems when repacking modified images, sometimes leading to BIOS bricks. Additionally, could you provide me with your modified TEMPLAT00.ROM module? I will integrate your modified TEMPLAT module (via PhoenixTool) into the flashable BIOS image created by taking platform data from the official BIOS image and applying it to the untouched BIOS dump.

~Steven

Hello Steven,
The untouched BIOS dump is already attached with my previous post, I named it PBPE2L0N.P13.rom
I did not modify antything at that file, its straight from BBtoolkit 2.0
The TEMPLAT00.ROM file I extracted comes from your own mod for Artic5, date 12-30-2014 .
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-H...-12?page=2

I would like to have the AHCI and Intel Virtualization options in my current bios.
T.I.A.
Jos
find
Hello JosV,

I expect to have your BIOS mod complete on Thursday or Friday.

~Steven

www find
(05-29-2016, 08:58 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello JosV,

I expect to have your BIOS mod complete on Thursday or Friday.

~Steven

hello Steven,

do you have an idea when you can have the mod ready?

I am also very happy when you only explain me how to make a BBtoolkit 2.0 backup flashable.
With the Kizwan manual I think I can mod it myself for Virtualization and AHCI.
Jos
find
Hello JosV,

These BIOS images are 2MB in size. I only have experience in making flashable BIOS images that are 1MB in size. I don't want to experiment with the new size and brick your notebook.

~Steven

www find
(06-13-2016, 10:41 AM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello JosV,

These BIOS images are 2MB in size. I only have experience in making flashable BIOS images that are 1MB in size. I don't want to experiment with the new size and brick your notebook.

~Steven

?????? but are n't you the same guy who modified another similar bios (only another version) in january 2015?
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-H...-12?page=2
But, as I asked in mij post of 05-23-2016, I am already very glad with a flashable image, without modifications.
Or your explanation how to make a flashable image, Thanks in advantage!
find
Yes, I did modify a similar BIOS image, but that was a factory image. The reason that I can't make your BIOS dump flashable is because it is 2MB (instead of 1MB like I am used to) and because the end of the file has a different format than I am used to. I am unable to make a flashable BIOS image for this BIOS, sorry.

~Steven

www find