Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 76
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424333
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3598
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 261
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 192
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 291
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224246
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119154
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 266
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6773
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 386
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309648
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61950
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 605
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20260
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169228
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6315
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 808
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5776
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61171

lenovo 720-15ikb 81c7 possibly corrupted bios
#1
Hi,
I have a Lenovo ideapad 720-15ikb (81c7) that seems to possibly have a bricked bios, the device will power on to a black screen spin up the fans for a few seconds and then just sit there with the caps lock light on and the keyboard backlight on.

I’ve finally got round to getting a ch341a programmer, done the 3.3v mod on it and have managed to read my bios off the chip, the issue I’m now faced with is that the file I extract from the chip contains all the intel ME stuff and the bios update file lenovo supply appears to just contain the uefi firmware.

Is there anyway to recreate the bin file with a bios that isn’t corrupted or does anyone have a backup of the same laptop that I could clear out the ME info and embed my laptops details into? I did see a post from 2 years ago for the same laptop requesting a supervisor password removal but the mega link is now dead by the seems.

I have found one site that has a backup for the laptop but the site requested a “account upgrade purchase” in order for me to actually download the file, which I’m not overly keen on sending money to a site I haven’t heard of before.

Any knowledge or help on this would be much appreciated, the original bios corruption happened due to clearing the nvram a few too many times on my opencore hackintosh build for the laptop prior to the knowledge going round that clearing nvram on lenovo devices can end up corrupting the bios.
find
quote
#2
(06-20-2022, 02:17 AM)andeddokira Wrote: Hi,
I have a Lenovo ideapad 720-15ikb (81c7) that seems to possibly have a bricked bios, the device will power on to a black screen spin up the fans for a few seconds and then just sit there with the caps lock light on and the keyboard backlight on.

I’ve finally got round to getting a ch341a programmer, done the 3.3v mod on it and have managed to read my bios off the chip, the issue I’m now faced with is that the file I extract from the chip contains all the intel ME stuff and the bios update file lenovo supply appears to just contain the uefi firmware.

Is there anyway to recreate the bin file with a bios that isn’t corrupted or does anyone have a backup of the same laptop that I could clear out the ME info and embed my laptops details into? I did see a post from 2 years ago for the same laptop requesting a supervisor password removal but the mega link is now dead by the seems.

I have found one site that has a backup for the laptop but the site requested a “account upgrade purchase” in order for me to actually download the file, which I’m not overly keen on sending money to a site I haven’t heard of before.

Any knowledge or help on this would be much appreciated, the original bios corruption happened due to clearing the nvram a few too many times on my opencore hackintosh build for the laptop prior to the knowledge going round that clearing nvram on lenovo devices can end up corrupting the bios.
Hi
ALL dump(bios) are personal
Need to restore your damaged bios
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)