Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 68
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424312
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3594
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 258
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 191
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 287
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224197
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119152
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 265
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6771
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 382
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309637
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61948
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 603
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20257
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169215
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6312
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 805
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5774
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61165

lenovo b570-1068b9u bios update or hidden file unlock
#1
I have 3 above laptops formerly used at work. Initially, win7 home, 4gb ram, 500hdd, i3-2350qm, and now- Win-10.-19045;  bios: Lenovo- 44cn43ww, date:10-27-2011 ( The 10-31-2011 is just compilation of prior bios updates, so that 31st date no use from lenovo website.); symbios: 2.6; Chipset- intel HM65 ; motherboard: lenovo-emerald lake; used for couple years 2013-2015; stopped using because Closed business.  Phoenix SecureCore Tiano appears at top bios screen

 Now: I wanted to update to:  i7 cpu in 2nd gen series, 16gb Ram and HDD to 1tb SSD and discovered my system appeared good for all to occur having compatible components obtainable.  So I bought components. But I did a bit more research to find ? Symbios version of 2.6 appears only legacy mode for this computer setup, since BIOS screen shows no Boot mode option for UEFI? just boot priorities, no advanced options, basic cfg section and security section only has password option.  I have done alot of research before trying to do this upgrade (first time adventure into laptop upgrade vs yrs ago built desktops) hoping to bring new life to these units, but now at crossroad what to do?

 I was wanting to have UEFI/ legacy options and do virtualization: Virtualbox 7 - win 10- host and Linux mint 22- guest.  

I have scrolled forum some hoping to find an answer using various  search terms not finding a solution that would match might system. 

So do I need general bios update, bios hidden files unlock or both??  what is possible? Thank you in advance!!
find
quote
#2
Post a screenshot of Mainboard tab of CPU-Z.
Explain exactly what happens when you try to boot with new CPU.
find
quote
#3
(06-01-2025, 02:18 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Post a screenshot of Mainboard tab of CPU-Z.
Explain exactly what happens when you try to boot with new CPU.

hey, i did not install components yet as I was About to when I per chance discovered the symbios 2.6 version only has legacy boot. I realize units are old unsupported by Lenovo, but having read old posts on forums about upgrade possibilities and low cost for components I figured why not?. I am by nature investigate as much possible before install and not wreck havoc to project since first time to do. 

As for CPU-Z screenshot I just looked up and read its a software app I need dwnld for your REquest? and provide a pre-install of components image.

So I will attempt components install and ssd UEFI boot NTFS formatted and see if boots, etc. after reply to your review of CPU-Z above.
find
quote
#4
I'm not interested in purely theoretical work.
Come back with CPU-Z's screenshot and results of tests with new CPU.
And make a photo of laptop's motherboard near a socket.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)