Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6402
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14038
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 137
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424546
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3653
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 323
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 342
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224766
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119204
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6815
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 437
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309809
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62000
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 655
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20313
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169425
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6385
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 860

overclocked Dell xps 430
#1
Hello, during this week I have successfully overclocked my XPS430, by using the PLL. Which contains all the FSB information etc.
I used CPUCooL, and reached a stable clock of 2.79Ghz on my Q8200 which runs at 2.33Ghz stock.

But I got problems with my corsair ram causing instability while overclocking so I had to take them out, my 4gb Elpida are not causing instability.

Anyone got a idea why this happens? If so, I would like to know. Smile

Any questions about how I overclocked my dell, just ask Big Grin.

Tongue
find
quote
#2
Hey Nico, I was just recently given an old Dell XPS 430. It's all there apart from the hard disk which my step Father destroyed before he gave it to me.
I have been using a Toshiba laptop with a an Intel M 430 i5 CPU & 8GB Ram, Running Windows 10 Pro. It 's Ok but now I am running a PC/Apple and mobile device repair business and I am expecting too much from it now. 

I basically need a desktop so I have more outputs and room for expansion. After a lot of thought and deciding not to spend much money on the build but also have a bit of fun with it...I've bought a Xeon X5460 Quad core CPU and conversion sticker to turn it in to a socket 775 from the current 771. I want to put 16Gb ram into it but I don't know if the Bios will let me. I have ordered a new 550 watt PSU for it and I want to see how far I can overclock it.

So I am looking for a Modded bios and any other helpful other utilities that might be around..? Also, after reading about the problems with your Corsair RAM any helpful tips on that front. Its got 4 x 1Gb of PC3-8500 in it at present but I'm going to buy 2 x 8GB of 1600 MHZ DDR3 because it is slightly cheaper and more readily available.

At the end of the day, this new rig is being built around 10 year old architecture so there is no point in throwing loads of money at it. I just want to see what I can get out of it - Reliably! and I'll probably use it as a server in the end. 

All help and advice gratefully received

Cheers, Ritchy
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)