Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 71
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424323
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3596
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 259
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 191
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 288
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224217
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119153
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 265
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6772
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 383
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309638
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61949
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 604
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20259
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169220
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6312
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 806
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5774
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61167

[solved] Can asus NB frequency be unlocked or added? amd mobo m3a78-em
#11
I'm not a programmer so I can't help with anything related to disassembling. Maybe one day I'll go in assembler because BIOS mods are interesting but now I'm a noob in this. All I need is the address and a bit of luck (that they just disabled the option but didn't cut it off).

I must admit that you are a good example of a topic starter - not a lazy one but an active one - looking for options and ways. I appreciate that Smile
Check this one.

If this one doesn't work then making the option you need will be much more complicated yet not impossible. We'll just have to use extra tools.


Attached Files
.zip   finish_2.zip (Size: 733.07 KB / Downloads: 109)
find
quote
#12
YOU DID IT !! hahaha

NB frequency works now. You successfully added a feature to the bios.

just out of my own curiosity, did you use any existing bios strings ? if so, which ones? Or did you import them from the very oldest bios rom?
I could not find the exact strings you used based on the multiplier options you put in.

could you give some hints as to your tweak process for this bios ?

Major thanks.
[Image: 2h5ln5i.png]
find
quote
#13
Thanks. You did almost (maybe a bit less, maybe a bit more) than half of the work in fact. I mean especially the find about earlier BIOS which gave me the answer (after some torture Big Grin ). And a BIOS from another board was a good catch (though, I came to the same idea a bit earlier and implemented in the first attempt).

All the strings I used are existing ones. If you remember the 4x, 5x and so on multis - it's them. But as I understand there's a code that multiplies these multipliers by HT clock and gives you the summary NB frequency. This is done to show you the correct frequency when you overclock. So if you set 2000MHz in NB frequency and set HT to 220, the NB will show 2200 in the menu? Well, this is what I've ment.

But the feature that replaces multipliers with NB frequency didn't work until I linked the menu to the right CMOS index. After that the magic worked by itself. I didn't add it, I've just unhidden it.

I'm very glad that this worked - I've seen such a BIOS string replacement feature for the first time and wasn't unsure that got how it works right. Thank you for your activity and enthusiasm too.

I think I'll make a tutorial for such things soon.
find
quote
#14
very big *THUMBSUP* to you!!!

Sometimes you just have to try to be sure it is not working...
[Image: logo.png]
I am back in here as I promised! Big Grin So tell me your needs!
find
quote
#15
Why is the zip corrupted? -.- Can´t unzip it without error ( not a valid zip-file) Sad
find
quote
#16
You're right. I'll re-upload it and repost a working link.
find
quote
#17
That would be great! Thank you very much! Smile
find
quote
#18
Please don´t forget me Antinomy.
find
quote
#19
Thank you Antinomy for your efforts.
Could you please upload a working copy of the file, so we can have it too?
find
quote
#20
I tried to fix the .zip file:
Code:
$ zip -FF finish_2.zip --out finish_2_repaired.zip
Fix archive (-FF) - salvage what can
    zip warning: Missing end (EOCDR) signature - either this archive
is not readable or the end is damaged
Is this a single-disk archive? (y/n): y
Assuming single-disk archive
Scanning for entries...
copying: finish_2.rom (750539 bytes)
Central Directory found...
    zip warning: reading central directory: No such file or directory
    zip warning: bad archive - error reading central directory
    zip warning: skipping this entry...
The resulting .rom seems to be intact (1048576 bytes; mmtool and amibcp can open it), but I don't own this board.. be careful.

Antinomy, nice job! You didn't write something like a tutorial yet, did you? I'm trying to figure out how you did this because I'm in a very similar situation.. I need to change the command rate (1T or 2T); the BIOS strings are there, but no option. I'm fooling around with amibcp, mmtool and a hex editor (same things you used?), but I don't know how to add a menu item..


Attached Files
.zip   finish_2_repaired.zip (Size: 733.07 KB / Downloads: 30)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)